Mary Jo Pehl has a book coming out! "DUMB DUMB DUMB: My Mother's Book Reviews

12 Likes

She and Paul Chaplin wrote most of The Amazong Colossal Episode Guide and it’s one of the best episode guides ever written, so I’m really looking forward to this.

8 Likes

I enjoyed her last book a lot and have ordered this one.

I’d like to try one of Frank’s fictions as well, though I’m hesitant as I didn’t care for the 25 MST films that changed my life in no way whatsoever, book. (sorry Frank, love ya but…)

1 Like

I sort of felt cheated by that book, because I was hoping for Frank’s insights into those films.

1 Like

[tangent] Can I introduce you to one of my (incredibly niche) pet peeves - superfluous dashes in ISBNs [/tangent]

1 Like

The book arrived today, signed by Mary Jo. The cover was bent in the corner, but ah well, it’s for reading not for looking pretty. I hope to dig into it tonight.

1 Like

Lucky. I still don’t have mine. That said, I’m out of it on pain pills after my surgery so I probably wouldn’t get much out of it anyway.

1 Like

Hugo says, “Hey, I want some pain pills… Er, I mean ham!” (kidding, I hope you are feeling pain-free and better soon)

The book was in transit for weeks, with no updates, so I forgot about checking the status, then out of the blue, it appeared magically in the mailbox. Huzzah!

1 Like

Thanks, it was minor surgery so I’ll be fine. Looking forward to the book. I got a signed copy too!