Mary Jo Pehl is starting a monthly livestream Aug 24

It’s produced by Chris Gersbeck, who does The Mads’ livestreams, but it’s not riffing, it’s kind of a variety show, and it will be free:

8 Likes

You beat me to it! I’m very excited for this. I also feel terrible that her riffing show she tried several times never got past the technical hurdles. Maybe with an assist from Dumb Industries she can get that going?

Either way, I’m excited. Mary Jo is a treasure. I really want to be her friend :joy:.

4 Likes

Her riffing with Cinematic Titanic was great, and she continues to riff with Bridget on Rifftrax. Those are about the only Rifftrax releases I buy anymore.

3 Likes

About this event

Original Mystery Science Theater 3000 writer & cast member Mary Jo Pehl has announced a new livestream series in collaboration with Dumb Industries: The Mary Jo Pehl Show .

The monthly comedy-variety show is set to premiere on Twitch Tuesday, August 24, 2021 @ 8pm ET / 7pm CT, with Pehl hosting an interactive hour of comedy every fourth Tuesday of the month, free to all viewers. Chris Gersbeck, founder of Dumb Industries and producer of the popular The Mads Are Back livestreams with MST3K’s Trace Beaulieu & Frank Conniff, is producing.

13 Likes

Is there any way we can watch it afterward? I doubt I can watch it live.

6 Likes

I would ask Chris Gersbeck/Dumb Industries that question either on Facebook or Twitter.

4 Likes

I’ve posted a request in the Saving Livestreams threads to see if someone can get videos from Twitch to download with VLC. If that works, then you may be able to offline these for viewing later. You’d still need a Twitch account to access the original feed, of course.

3 Likes

I’ll email Chris. He’s very responsive.

<edit>done</edit>

3 Likes

From Chris G.

We are working out the specifics of that and hope to announce the details soon.

5 Likes

This looks amazing! I love the Mary Jo and Bridget riffs on Rifftrax.

3 Likes

Yup - as others have said. I can never watch these live but it’s available to watch later (strongly prefer download) then I’m in!

Michael

1 Like

About this event

Original Mystery Science Theater 3000 writer & cast member Mary Jo Pehl has announced a new livestream series in collaboration with Dumb Industries: The Mary Jo Pehl Show .

The monthly comedy-variety show is set to premiere on Twitch Tuesday, August 24, 2021 @ 8pm ET / 7pm CT, with Pehl hosting an interactive hour of comedy every fourth Tuesday of the month, free to all viewers. Chris Gersbeck, founder of Dumb Industries and producer of the popular The Mads Are Back livestreams with MST3K’s Trace Beaulieu & Frank Conniff, is producing.

13 Likes