Mash-Ups Are What We Eat!! šŸ„”

Apologies: YouTube tends to pull the mashups.

DJ Lobsterdust: Glass Octopus

Party Ben: Single Ladies (In Mayberry)

A Plus D: Dancing Since U Been Gone
https://bootiemashup.com/top-ten-albums/bootie-top-10-august-2010/a-plus-d-_-dancing-since-u-been-gone-robyn-vs-kelly-clarkson/

3 Likes

I love mashups! One such pulled-by-YT mashup was of the Beatlesā€™ A Day in the Life and the Monkeesā€™ Porpoise Song. It was awesome, and really sad that the copyright police shut that one down. One I think is still there, in its audio-only version, is between the Beatleā€™s Helter Skelter and Led Zeppelinā€™s Whole Lotta Love. That oneā€™s a masterpiece!

Itā€™s a shame they get taken down and the like because record companies really should see them as business opportunities instead of a copyright threat. Terribly short-sighted.

3 Likes

Canā€™t get the middle one to play. But I think I remember it. Because our neighborsā€™ then-toddler fell in love with it so they had to play it in the car all the time to keep him mellowed out. (Imagine how embarrassed heā€™d be now if we all reminded him. :laughing: )

2 Likes

In theory theyā€™re transformative works. In actuality, thereā€™s probably some script crawling YT on behalf of the copyright holders & shutting anything that matches their content down.

It wackier when itā€™s a live stream that gets shut down because itā€™s running old movie trailers. Thatā€™s :exploding_head:

3 Likes

It isnā€™t just on YT. When Metallica was performing at Blizzcon last year, the live Twitch stream of the band playing got pre-empted by the copyright bots.

1 Like

@CLANG_Potroast Updated the link. Apologies: Soundcloud formats weirdly on Discourse?

@Mibbitmaker Thank you for reminding me this existed!
DJ Earworm: No One Takes Away Your Freedom (Beatles | George Michael | Scissor Sisters | Aretha Franklin)

Iā€™m not sure if Soundcloud & Bandcamp are safe havens for mashups but I hope so.

1 Like

Cameo backing up the Queen of Soul?! Yes, PLEASE!! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Michael Jackson (Beat It) and Iron Maiden (The Trooper)

Slayer (Chemical Warfare) and Katrina and the Waves (Walking on Sunshine)

2 Likes
2 Likes

:rofl: Likeā€¦ wow, Man can you RELATE?! :peace_symbol:

1 Like
2 Likes

Devil Me: ā€œI couldaā€™ thought of THIS!ā€
Angel Me: ā€œBut you apparently didnā€™t. Soā€¦ā€

3 Likes

(After Iā€™m ejected from the board, remember that my only crime was loving too much or working too hard, or the result of a bad blow to the head. Whichever.)

1 Like
1 Like

How 'bout we listen to Daft Punkā€™s songs: Around the World, and Technologic mashed into one song?

And hereā€™s a short version starring Crisp Rat.

3 Likes

Hee hee. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Give me just about any cover tune with Jack Conte playing keys and Iā€™m in. Itā€™s not a mashup, but the talkbox+big band version of ā€œHarder, Better, Faster, Strongerā€ is my favorite.

Edit: Here there be covers galore: Scary Pockets

1 Like
2 Likes

A Strange Financier D.J. From The Future!!! just introduced me to my non-existent grandchildren from another timeline-- and they presented this to MR_Potroast and me as an Anniversary gift. Hope you like it. :tada:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t made any audio or video in a looong time, but, today, in a rush of creativity, I made a ā€œMelinda Mixā€ for Found Footage Festivalā€™s VCR Party Live show, mixing a religious retreat rap they featured on their show (in 2020) with a live version of ā€œCrosseyed and Painlessā€ by the Talking Heads. Itā€¦worked almost too well.

Tagging @CLANG_Potroast because itā€™s another VCR Party/FFF reference (remember this IMG?)