May Vault Picks?

Pod People!! Just watched that for the first time, but I’ll watch again. Seeing and hearing Idiot Control Now in there made it quite excellent!

7 Likes

Dude, I LOVE the new cover art for the vault titles!

19 Likes

Okay, so, I’m loving the new treatment that y’all have done for these episodes!

I cackled at this screen at the end of The Killer Shrews (spoilerfied in case you want to discover it for yourself) :

8 Likes

Oh, and @Ivan, the new intro/outro stuff for these episodes? Love it!

You folks have gone all out for these episode roundups, and it’s all something really special.

Oh, and for completionists? Don’t worry about not seeing stingers at the end of the MST3K end credits.

The stingers are now featured after the end credits roll for Synthia’s Selects. That’s right, the stingers are still there, you just have to watch til the end of the outro material.

17 Likes

Love it. I know the question was what to do with Vault Picks now that the whole vault is basically open. This is a pretty cool answer, give 'em a fancy little wrapper, reminds me of the Mystery Science Theater Hour.

I’m extra impressed considering that this must have been a relatively new idea, and getting the cast into costumes and filming new bits, that’s really above and beyond.

And personally? I’m just always happy to see more Synthia. I thought she was a great character concept in Season 11, and I’m glad she’s grown beyond being just sort of a one-note side character.

9 Likes

Incredibly minor, but the outside of the Gizmoplex is still showing the April picks for me

2 Likes

Time for magic things!!!

3 Likes

Synthia really was a highlight of the 25th Anniversary Tour as the live defacto Mad and really the host/referee of the events.

I’ll also say that the video quality and the backgrounds on the Synthia Selects bumpers are really the best we’ve seen so far.

I especially love the implication that Synthia is running this entirely by herself, including writing the lower thirds…excepting when Cambot might be messing with her like the “Natural” “Blonde” joke.

9 Likes

I seem to be missing ‘King Dinosaur’. Did something happen?

1 Like

The first version that was posted cut off before the end—it’s being replaced.

4 Likes

“This is the end of The Beginning of the End”

5 Likes

Thanks. It’s back now.

2 Likes

It will keep showing the old artwork until we push the next build of the Gizmoplex live in a day or two – but after this, it should be a lot faster!

14 Likes

Animated GIF

4 Likes

I’m loving the Synthia bumpers!

8 Likes

4 Likes

I came here just to say how much I liked the Synthia episode intros!

6 Likes

And don’t forget, as was pointed out in the Rolling Stone thread:

5 Likes

King Dinosaur is one I’ve never seen. So happy to see it on the list!!!

8 Likes

red hot chili peppers grammy winners GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

4 Likes