Meet your new Mystery Science Discourse 3000 (Beta) forum mods!

Hello friends! As the public premiere of the Gizmoplex and season 13 looms before us like a great looming… thing, it seemed like it was time to anoint some official community moderators to help keep the forums the friendly place we all want them to be.

The way Discourse works, folks at Trust Level 4 get “Leader” status. This means they can moderate content, but not users (only admins like me can do that). So no, none of these folks will be banning anyone for life. Their two main tasks will be:

1. keep the forums organized, by moving threads and posts to appropriate categories, or merging redundant topics when necessary

and

1. intervene on users’ behavior as appropriate, including defusing conflicts and arguments whenever possible, and warning folks who break the rules of appropriate conduct.

We are hopeful this will help to keep these forums a kind and welcoming place for all of you who have been building this community from the start, and also for all the new users finding their way to the forums as the new season makes its public premiere!

Here they are, your inaugural MSD3000 Mods:

@EBK
@LadyStarblade
@LadyShelley
@MichaelRobertson
@NotTVsFrank
@optiMSTie

I have a couple more invites out, so watch this space for any additions.

Got questions? Ask away! I will do my best to answer!

And thank you – all of you – for making these forums the friendly and supportive space that they are.

67 Likes

waves

Hi.

29 Likes

WHEW! Thank God I didn’t get put on that list!

Dodged the bullet there.

I welcome our new victi- er… I mean, overlords!

Yeah… that’s the ticket /John Lovitz

12 Likes

Howdy!

28 Likes

Please, think of us as Posture Pals.

22 Likes

I for one welcome our new Mod Overlords with open arms.

16 Likes

Welcome, new mods! Well, you’re already here, but welcome anyway! I got you a cake:

13 Likes

Given that my beloved local soccer team’s prime color is purple, I accept your sentiment wholeheartedly!

13 Likes

GREEN

5 Likes

IVANOVA IS GREEN LEADER!

12 Likes

Congratulations!

So… they don’t get to decide who lives and who dies?

12 Likes

Congrats to everyone!

5 Likes

Does this officially ensconce them in the Gizmonic Institute hierarchy, or are they more like union representatives for the Forrester’s new hordes of test subjects?

5 Likes

Best serialized TV Show of all time!

9 Likes

mst3k503scavenger

We mostly coordinate the scavenger sales around here.

18 Likes

Love your festoonery!

9 Likes

Used lamps, too! :smiley:

9 Likes

Is this a bad time to announce I’ve decided to switch fandoms?

12 Likes

Congrats! You poor unfortunate souls!

8 Likes