Mid-Month Viewing Party Anyone? >>> POD PEOPLE OPEN THREAD - 20 MAY 5pm PST / 8pm EST

Just what it says on the tin!

We don’t have an event May 20, the usual start time - does anyone want to gather online to watch one of the vault picks?

Whether or not anyone is interested, I’m rolling 1d6 and picking a vault pick that weekend!

UPDATE: Looks like we’ve decided on Pod People! Consensus seemed to be that the usual start time was fine, so start time at 7CST on Friday, May 20. See you then folks!

UPDATE, AGAIN (copy-pasted Ivan’s message here to make it easy to find! :smiley: )

Hey all! This has been set up and should be viewable this evening at the normal time – 5pm PT / 8pm ET.

You can join the screening here…

COMMUNITY SCREENING: POD PEOPLE - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

…or in the Kingadome!

:slight_smile:

18 Likes

Am I right in saying we would have access to all (mostly) episodes as well rather than the usual vault picks to choose from too? Sounds like a great idea either way :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, with the season pass we’d have access to everything. But I don’t have a d1-zillion to roll. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That works for me!

2 Likes

The poll itself would last 45 pages of internet tho, so how about narrow it down a touch. Something that fits a category like by host, or spy movie or kaiju movie etc, or by nomination by interested people. Get it down to ten or so, then poll, pick a favourite and run with it?

Or twenty and roll that dice I can’t think of the fancy name for with 20 sides

4 Likes

1d6 sounds good to me, and I hope work will allow me to join the fun!

3 Likes

I’m down for that if y’all are down for that!

4 Likes

Good point, need to accommodate European and Asian time zones start times for the locals over here and there :grin: I can do the math on that if needed. Shall presume multiple start times for whoever it suits.

3 Likes

Good point, we gotta inclue our international peeps on this for sure! Do we have an idea the kind of breakdown on where everyone is from so we can sort out a couple of start times? I’d think probably 3 would cover it what do you think?

3 Likes

We could all watch a different episode at the same time for the biggest and quickest multi-season binge-a-thon in the history of the Gizmoplex

9 Likes

Should be fine, or even 8pm start local time wherever ?

2 Likes

Crash the Plex lol

5 Likes

Or everyone watches a different movie at the same time. One person per ep, see how many we get lol

5 Likes

This might actually be epic. If we don’t actually crash the 'Plex.

2 Likes

I’ve been fine with the times used for the live events so far (joining from Asia).

IMO, tiered start times aren’t necessary, but it’s you’re party, I’m just happy for the (public) invite. :grinning:

3 Likes

Poll for where everyone is at so we can sort out times!

• North/South America
  • Western Africa/Europe
  • India/China
  • Australia/NZ
  • I’m not close to any of these, more options please!

0 voters

2 Likes

Ah, but my friend - tiered watch times mean you get to watch 3 movies with friends! Triple the fun! :smiley:

5 Likes

True. Could even expand to have each region choose their own movie, but if it suits other regions everyone can join? Multi movie mid may mania :grin:

3 Likes

Let’s go bananas! We can’t expect our amazing hosts to give us something live EVERY weekend. … Can we? :thinking: Maybe if we were to lock them up in a moon base…

4 Likes

One thing I would say based on the last fan organised watchalong , there was a bit of ‘well this movie always shows up’ , so I’d like to see more obscure episodes up for voting , as we are likely to see more popular episodes appearing as live event options anyway.

6 Likes