Mid-Month Viewing Party Anyone? >>> POD PEOPLE OPEN THREAD - 20 MAY 5pm PST / 8pm EST

4 Likes

Thank you. I was frustrated when I couldn’t find a ticket for this. When we watched Space Mutiny I edited the ticket with a picture. Once I finish, I’ll post it on this thread and give you credit for supplying the tickets.

3 Likes

Mm! Winged potato

4 Likes

I gave the thread a look and it appears that freeing from its bonds is beyond the powers of a lowly mod—that is something requiring @Lesley’s unique Raisin Snail abilities.

Lesley ~ Can this one be moved to Off Topic? There’s some good stuff in there that got archived before premiere weekend and its creator is still working on getting his Backer status.

https://forums.mst3k.com/t/matt-mcginnis-overdubs-thread/23232?u=michaelrobertson

4 Likes

@MichaelRobertson Woo, thank you so much for looking at it! :heart:

4 Likes

5 Likes

I’m not sure I buy the “non-professional actors” bit. George M. Stover, has 113 acting credits on IMDB. Richard Dyszel has 34. Many of the other actors have 4 to 6. Most professional actors don’t have those number of credits.

Be fair: only count the ones prior to Galaxy Invader. Of Stover’s six earlier acting credits, three of them were also Dohler films (the other three were John Waters — make of that what you will).

And that’s why I recognised him: the pathologist’s nephew in Alien Factor.

1 Like

It’s not like this was written as a blurb on the back of the rental tape.
That entry was probably written in 2020 and none of its references were earlier than 2015. So by that time a couple of them had quite prolific careers.

But the cast of this 1985 movie doesn’t benefit retroactively from the future acting experience of the people in it.

A historical note about karaoke machines - weren’t they a relatively new craze in the United States in 1991? There’s a bit from the 1989 BBC Michael Palin travel documentary Around the World in 80 Days, in which he’s in Japan, doing some karaoke and it comes across as something a British audience aren’t going to be overly familiar with.

2 Likes

Here’s a basic time-line of karaoke development. Note: It is missing the MADS’ public domain machine.