Midnight Concessions - What are your favourite late night snacks?

Update: They’re certainly not bad, but a lot of potato chip and a relatively little Funyun.

3 Likes

“Hey, what’s the deal with this stuff being a relatively little Funyun?!”

4 Likes

That’s pretty accurate. For full on Funyun flavor nothing beat the original Funyun. Period. Full stop.

3 Likes

Which, incidentally, would make for good midnight snacking, I would have to imagine.

2 Likes

So true story here. Once on the way from SF to Vegas, while overnighting in Bakersfield (or was it… somewhere around Barstow?) I bought and consumed an entire bag of Funyuns.

That was the last time I ate Funyuns.

I am intrigued by the Funyuns flavored chips though. Verrrry intrigued.

6 Likes

But when I leave the Kraft Singles™ on the counter, you just ignore them!!

2 Likes

Double update to report that I’ve crushed the last of these and used them in salmon patties, and I’m pretty convinced that this is their peak application. :+1:

4 Likes

Dill pickles! :cucumber:
Just finished off a jar last night :yum:

4 Likes

Co-signed. Although I take mine with a bowl of Twiglets.

You monster!

I REGRET NOTHING

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

[heads to Wikipedia]

"Twiglets are a wheat-based snack marketed in the United Kingdom that have a ‘distinctive knobbly shape’ "

:-/

(Joel voice) Oh, I dunno…

3 Likes

If I am doing a was-sleeping-and-now-want-snack type thing, it’s usually because I’m bottoming out and need carbs. In this case, I prefer some kind of ice cream sammich. Oreo cookie ice cream sammich, dove bar, etc. Cools me off and gets me some needed glucose!

Late night before sleepy time, I like Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili (dumb name…when they came out I lived in Canada and they were called Sweet Chili Heat Doritos…that rolls off the tongue a little better than “Spicy Sweet Chili” imo)!

5 Likes

I likes me snacks how I likes me knees

6 Likes

Twiglets sound kinda’ like the U.S. hippie snack Sesame sticks. I wish someone would make a whole grain version of those. I miss them so much!! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Twiglets are delicious. Very umami. Hard to get on this side of the Atlantic though.

1 Like

It’s a fancy Saturday night.

7 Likes

I admire the enthusiasm of the packaging.

They’re not just “Golden Crispers,” they’re “GOLDEN CRISPERS!” They know what they’re about, and I respect that.

3 Likes

Y’know, @optiMSTie… you’re all-righta. :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

[nods proudly at @Aquarius as if to say, “Potatoes ARE what we eat.” ]

4 Likes