Mike's insane problems with headaches

Ah, I’d forgotten about Mr. Mike.

1 Like

puppet rifftrax rollergator GIF by RiffTrax

1 Like

I think it’s that he doesn’t GET headaches, he HAS a headache. All the time, constantly.

So he probably figured it didn’t make much difference what he does.

2 Likes

This is the kind of stuff that keeps me on this Forum. Finding out more (good, bad or indifferent) about a series that means a lot to me.

My sympathies are with Mike in dealing with that and maintaining a functional adult existence at the same time. I hope science can jump ahead to give him and others like him a less painful life.

4 Likes

Yes. Sometimes greater, sometimes lesser, but constantly.

1 Like

I’m shocked that none of his doctors, and nobody else in his life suggested he get checked for Sleep Apnea.

I got checked about 15 years ago because I was literally falling asleep at the wheel of my car while driving to customer sites.

I had the test, they confirmed it, and stuck me on a CPAP for the second half of the “testing night”.

And I tell you, after that night, I felt as if a giant weight had been lifted from off of my brain… like a headache had disappeared that I’d never known that I’d had before! It was LIFE CHANGING.

Before I got a CPAP, when people actually DESCRIBED headaches to me, I didn’t understand, because I’d never experienced anything like that in my life. Apparently it was because I was ALREADY in a constant state of perpetual headache my entire life, and my body must have… adjusted to it or something.

Then, after I got my CPAP, that perpetual headache that I never knew was there… was just GONE, and I could feel it gone.

Somewhat ironically, after that, I actually STARTED getting headaches once in a while like “normal people” for the first time… ummm… yay?

6 Likes

We don’t know what they tested and ruled out.

2 Likes

You’re right, of course, I just thought they might have mentioned it if they’d tried it, since they mentioned all the pills that failed.

2 Likes

Mike’s at the “Yes, I tried that” phase of any longstanding chronic disorder.

2 Likes

I had no idea, poor Mike. I get headaches a lot and always have, then graduated to migraines, but I’ll forever be thankful that they do eventually go away. Sometimes not for a week or two weeks, but they do finally leave. Jeeeezus I am so sad to hear Mike has has a headache all this time! :sob: Did the headache ever go away??

2 Likes

When reading of his “experimental drugs” phase it occurred to me that some of his side-effects sounded like MST host segments.

1 Like

I certainly sympathize. I have atypical trigeminal neuralgia, which is a nerve disorder that causes intense facial pain. Until I found medication to lessen the symptoms, I was disabled for 3 years because the pain was so bad I would literally scream sometimes and that’s not really conducive to a work environment. These days, it’s controlled enough that even at the worst, I can get through it if I just take off my glasses and put my head down for a few seconds.

But I really understand the limits chronic pain can put on your life and I wish he didn’t have to suffer from it.

3 Likes