Minor feedback: background music

So, I was able to become a beta-tester for the Gizmoplex (my qualifications? I literally have too much free time). One piece of feedback I have is that maybe there should be some ambient music playing in the various rooms (except for the screening rooms, obviously), just to make the place feel a bit more alive. And give a mute option for those that want it off.

11 Likes

I think that would get annoying quickly unless they had a big playlist of tunes.

6 Likes

I demand the oompah music from the closing host segment of Parts: The Clonus Horror.

3 Likes

24/7

7 Likes

Only if it’s Torgo’s theme.

8 Likes

The ambient SOL space noise they use during breaks on Twitch could work pretty well.

18 Likes

I rather like that idea.

Welcome aboard!

Also, a muzak version of Torgo’s theme could work!

5 Likes

I think you’d find that having literally too much free time is not uncommon on this forum. Sadly, it is rarely for a good reason, but fortunately that time is being put to good use making a community. Thank you for using your time to make us happy.

4 Likes

The Puritans would have said there’s no good reason to have free time.

1 Like

Sing Whenever I Sing Whenever I Sing
Yipes Stripes
The Creeping Terror Swing Suite
Torgo’s Love Theme

Patron’s will be liable for the full costs of any damages caused to the jukebox.

EDIT: Sorry, that was meant to be a general thread reply, not a specific reply to @Pantalones

5 Likes

I can think of a talented young singer who could help (but he may be hopped up on goofballs)

1b7s1q

10 Likes

mst3k817MYSKULL

“MY SITE!!!”

I’ll take some muzak Del-Aires tunes, too!

3 Likes

I like the idea, but also love the idea of a mute button. Sometimes I need silence!

edit: I wish stores had mute buttons. Nothing like bad music blaring when you’re trying to find the stuff you need to buy.

6 Likes

I agree. I was thinking that in the theater itself, when it is waiting for you to press the play button, some idle animations could be fun, too. I don’t know if Mr. Waverly is available to maybe pass by and sweep the floor, or vacuum the curtains.

In short, things that make it feel more “alive”, like the point-and-click adventure games they mentioned were inspirations. Could the curtains gently sway (until the movie is started)? Could one of the wayfinding lights on the seats/aisles flicker?

But, yes: none of that should happen unless there is an accompanying “mute” button, or a “turn off all idle animations” options in a settings menu.

7 Likes

Your wish, our command!

2 Likes

Well if we’re making musical suggestions, let’s not forget the Beau Brummel Bridges of Madison County.

6 Likes

We also need the Danger!! Death Ray expansion pack with the “BUPA-DUPA-DADA” main theme, the pensive guitar strumming theme, and “Watermelon Man.”

5 Likes

I’m liking this idea too. Perhaps you can also throw-in those Boneheads instrumental remixes of classic tunes.

4 Likes

Hmmm…

Perhaps somewhere in MST3K hq they could have some victims, er volunteers, watching previous experiments, one in each office/room… behind closed doors. Then Joel could walk the hallway between each victim’s office with a digital recorder … what would be important for the Gizmoplex Theater experience would be to really favor the bass/low end… (to better duplicate the meatspace theater experience) that would be a possible background noise option…

What do you think, y’all?

I want the ship ambient sound. I could fall asleep to it. It’s background music, but I don’t think it would ever get intrusive or annoying.

7 Likes