Missing Experiment

Need help from the group identifying an experiment. It was the very first one I ever saw, the one that got me hooked forever on MST3K. Unfortunately, I only caught the middle of it and I’ve never been able to figure out which one it was. Here are the clues: it was on in '95 (no clue of the original air date), it was a Mike experiment, black and white, and the premise was something about a scientist having figured out a way to stay young by draining people’s spinal fluid. Plot twist! His female counterpart - maybe assistant, maybe wife, your guess is better than mine - gets hooked on youth and goes off on a draining spree that (I believe) starts with the scientifist himself. There may have been a jungle.
And that’s all I’ve got.
Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi(s). You’re my only hope.

3 Likes

The Leech Woman? Was “Neil!” shouted a lot? That would be the one.

4 Likes

Hmmm… if it was a new episode, an episode in '95 would have put you around Season Six, but that doesn’t sound like anything from Season Six.

Like @wyswysia pointed out, The Leech Woman would be a closer match. Fluid from the pineal gland was the key to rejuvenation there, and it was in black-and-white and featured a jungle. That debuted in '97 - could that have been your episode?

5 Likes

JEEEEEEEEEED!!!

5 Likes

Perhaps The Atomic Brain.

1 Like

That was my first guess too until mention of spinal fluid and the jungle. It’s gotta be The Leech Woman.

3 Likes

Now that you’ve got me thinking about it, it was definitely later than '95. I wouldn’t have thought '97 though, unless it was early '97.
But enough about my shoddy memory, it sounds like we may have a winner and I can hardly wait to go find out!
Many thanks to @wyswysia and @optiMSTie et al (those that undoubtedly posted before I finished this reply). I knew I could count on this group

7 Likes

According to the good folks at the MST3K Fandom, The Leech Woman had a broadcast premiere of February 8th, 1997.

I hope it’s an awesome experience for you, then, rediscovering the episode that got you hooked on MST3K - cheers, and happy viewing!

4 Likes

This thread right here is why MSTies are the best! Always willing to help!

(The Leach Woman is a fun one. Enjoy rediscovering!)

5 Likes