Missing images

Is anyone else noticing missing user-uploaded images in posts this morning? I’ve seen blue question marks in multiple threads on a couple of different devices, so it’s not localized to one machine or browser.

14 Likes

Yep. I have noticed broken images too. Guessing it is temporary due to a database upgrade or a cache wipe. We’ll see.

10 Likes

It’s really bad in the Pets thread.

8 Likes

I’ve seen this a few times over the past week or two, but when I click the broken/missing image area, the full-screen version of the image loads, for what that’s worth. Have you tried this? It suggests the image isn’t actually missing but something about the inline display is broken.

6 Likes

That’s what first made me wonder if this was something on my end. The images are obviously still on the server since they load when clicked so I wanted to check and see if this was a me problem or a global one.

6 Likes

My precious images!

6 Likes

Please enjoy this placeholder until service is restored.

17 Likes

oh no not my thread!! :weary: :cry: :cry:

7 Likes

mst3kpleasegetoutandpush

16 Likes

Oh, hey! Finally a real reason to use this:

21 Likes

I wonder if they’ll ever come back :cry:
Definitely a hit to the quality of forum life.

8 Likes

My pics from that thread are gone too. I clicked to enlarge the pics and it stated “the image could not be loaded”.

Tried on both iPhone and iPad iOS, no dice.

8 Likes

I picked out a random thread from the screenshot project, and same thing (and they didn’t load for me when I clicked on them). I didn’t save these after I downloaded into the system, so hopefully this is temporary and fixable, hate to think all that work was lost.

7 Likes

[Fires up the Lesley Signal, points it at a low-flying cloud.]

Hello, @Lesley ! Do you know whether this is a temporary thing or if that image content has gone bye-bye?

7 Likes

This image (plus the music that goes with it from Robot Holocaust) really should be the Twitch channel’s go-to “technical difficulties” screen when something goes wrong.

9 Likes

Well, this throws a monkey wrench into the fan art thread, for sure.

9 Likes

Where’s booboo? :scream_cat:
https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/standard11/uploads/mst3k/optimized/2X/5/5bbb0bdbae95620d6d99d4e60d2252f876873904_2_690x388.jpeg

3 Likes

6 Likes

I poked around some more as well. Large chunks of the images in the Mighty Fan Art thread are missing, but I can’t discern a pattern. Some images don’t appear inline, but they show up if I click them; others are visible inline, but clicking to enlarge gives the 403 error.

It’s possible they’re truly gone, but my guess is they’re not. I suspect Discourse is similar to WordPress, in that it’s periodically receiving pushed updates from the Discourse mothership, and these updates are sometimes breaking things. I bet this is what caused the previous breakages of notifications and whatnot.

8 Likes

I’m HOPING they are uploading the pictures we used from screenshots to prepare the Gizmoplex, hence making the pics unavailable for now.

As I said, I’m hoping. I’m trying to be positive.

6 Likes