Missing images

For whatever it’s worth, we know they’re not gone gone, just visually gone. Individual users can restore their own by deleting and restoring their posts, but that’s only 5 per day per user. Lesley knows about the issue and is also working on it with Discourse.

6 Likes

and if it’s not too old a post, you can also edit (add period or whatever) then hit ‘save edit’. I got a few back doing that.

5 Likes

On my second image, I had to wait 26 seconds before I could delete/restore. Third image, no wait. Fourth image, `12 seconds. It didn’t take me long to find the posts that needed restored, so not sure why I had the odd wait times.

6 Likes

The The Mighty Fan Art Thread! is in rough shape too. I thought maybe with my regular powers I could try something. Then I remembered I can’t edit other people’s stuff or delete/restore other people’s posts. Maybe if I yank the whole topic? I got something I can still try…

Edit: Crap. Pfutzing with the topic, changing category had zero effect. I was hoping to jolt all the posts at once, but no dice. Oh well.

9 Likes

Odd. I always have to wait 60 seconds between. I wonder what the difference is.

5 Likes

Another method that restores images, though it’s a pain: Quoting. The images below are missing in the original thread.

5 Likes

How very curious. That kind of makes sense though, given that the images are visible when you go to edit your own post even if the images are missing.

4 Likes

I am still working on finding an easy fix for this bizarro problem, friends - I don’t have an answer yet but wow do I ever appreciate your dedication and diligence in trying to find a workaround in the meantime. :pray:

14 Likes

Get well soon!

I’ve included this for ironic effect. Laughter is the best medicine.

3 Likes

I don’t care about my images, but I’m dying to see the MST3K themed wedding! The video is great too, but no pix!

2 Likes

Here are a few!

13 Likes

That’s amazing. The poster is quite impressive.

3 Likes

Wow—that is truly impressive! Love the Manos officiants! True commitment to the cause. I’m speechless :joy:

Thanks for reposting these pictures!

2 Likes

If you go to your post on the Introduce Yourself Here thread and ‘delete’ your post and then ‘restore’ it, the original pics will reappear there.

2 Likes

Just don’t undermine your mod’s authority by constantly calling them variations of "Dark One.’

4 Likes

Well, an example here to illustrate the problem. First a shot of my post with the missing images. I’ve shown the link forone of the images when I hover over it. When I try to use that link directly, I get a “403 Forbidden” error. Hope this helps with the troubleshooting.BadLink

3 Likes

Looks like old images are gone again. All my storyboards from July are now :skull: :skull_and_crossbones: :ghost:

EDIT: Delete and restore worked. But it gave me a fright when it told me I’d performed the action too recently and to try again later and the little restore icon disappeared (it came back when I refreshed by browser)

3 Likes

AW JEEZ. I’ll circle back on this again.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking around and I think anything I restored is still there, so it may not be super widespread. Everything I see that’s missing is still from the great Sept 7 purge.

4 Likes

Yup, my restored images are still there, as are all the recent things I’ve added (like at the poster art thread)

3 Likes