Missing images

That’s amazing. The poster is quite impressive.

3 Likes

Wow—that is truly impressive! Love the Manos officiants! True commitment to the cause. I’m speechless :joy:

Thanks for reposting these pictures!

2 Likes

If you go to your post on the Introduce Yourself Here thread and ‘delete’ your post and then ‘restore’ it, the original pics will reappear there.

2 Likes

Just don’t undermine your mod’s authority by constantly calling them variations of "Dark One.’

4 Likes

Well, an example here to illustrate the problem. First a shot of my post with the missing images. I’ve shown the link forone of the images when I hover over it. When I try to use that link directly, I get a “403 Forbidden” error. Hope this helps with the troubleshooting.BadLink

3 Likes

Looks like old images are gone again. All my storyboards from July are now :skull: :skull_and_crossbones: :ghost:

EDIT: Delete and restore worked. But it gave me a fright when it told me I’d performed the action too recently and to try again later and the little restore icon disappeared (it came back when I refreshed by browser)

3 Likes

AW JEEZ. I’ll circle back on this again.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking around and I think anything I restored is still there, so it may not be super widespread. Everything I see that’s missing is still from the great Sept 7 purge.

4 Likes

Yup, my restored images are still there, as are all the recent things I’ve added (like at the poster art thread)

3 Likes

Except for the nude pics of me in the guacamole sombrero. Why did those survive? WHY, GOD?!?

2 Likes

Some threads are stripped pretty bare. I had a suspicion that discourse is running into a limit on how many images it will keep track of… And then you guys go and point out how the restored images are still around. At any rate, it’s still a problem.

4 Likes

Have you seen threads where images from after 9/7 are missing? I’m not finding any, but am probably looking in the wrong places.

2 Likes

Perhaps your backenders can type up a program that deletes and restores all the posts at the pressing of one shiny, candy-like button. If that procedure solves it one at a time, surely it could be automated.

1 Like

I feel sick…it’s happening again :cry:

2 Likes

Oh, no …

not again…

Sigh…

:frowning:

3 Likes

Feel like it’s time to shake the tower again-- has there been anything discovered or offered up by Discourse to help restore and resolve this? Know things are crazy busy for The Mods, so wondering if others who use various D servers have come across more permanent solutions.

1 Like

It’s doesn’t appear so. There was only that one big image purge back in September of ‘21, and while individuals can restore their own missing images it doesn’t look like Discourse has given Lesley a blanket fix.

2 Likes

That’s about where I landed while in older threads, but had a hope…
I’m not the ping individual users kind (though not sure how many know bits had got dropped). Le sigh- a shame to, even if only for now, have a bit of the content and context of these early days lost.

4 Likes

I bet the pictures are still there if they were once recoverated once. The newly missing ones just need some resurrectioning perhaps.

2 Likes

Might be time to put a necromancer on the social media payroll.

2 Likes