Missing images

Perhaps your backenders can type up a program that deletes and restores all the posts at the pressing of one shiny, candy-like button. If that procedure solves it one at a time, surely it could be automated.

1 Like

I feel sick…it’s happening again :cry:

2 Likes

Oh, no …

not again…

Sigh…

:frowning:

3 Likes

Feel like it’s time to shake the tower again-- has there been anything discovered or offered up by Discourse to help restore and resolve this? Know things are crazy busy for The Mods, so wondering if others who use various D servers have come across more permanent solutions.

1 Like

It’s doesn’t appear so. There was only that one big image purge back in September of ‘21, and while individuals can restore their own missing images it doesn’t look like Discourse has given Lesley a blanket fix.

2 Likes

That’s about where I landed while in older threads, but had a hope…
I’m not the ping individual users kind (though not sure how many know bits had got dropped). Le sigh- a shame to, even if only for now, have a bit of the content and context of these early days lost.

4 Likes

I bet the pictures are still there if they were once recoverated once. The newly missing ones just need some resurrectioning perhaps.

2 Likes

Might be time to put a necromancer on the social media payroll.

2 Likes

Earlier today we restored missing images in the threads listed below. If you know of or run across any other topics that are still a mess from last fall’s big image purge, please drop a post below.

6 Likes

Leaping from thread to thread, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time — wait, no, hang on. Wrong show. Sorry.

8 Likes

Awesome!

Well, I don’t know if they have already grabbed and used all they wanted, but it would be nice if this, and others in that string of Data Team posts were restored…

Myself and optiMSTie fixed ours long ago, but there are still a few posts in several threads that could be done.

3 Likes

I got that one, but I’ll have to go digging in the other topics. There’s a bunch.

4 Likes

Thanks bunches. Looking it over, it appears everything from the thread that collects episodes 502-506 and up are good.

Everything from 501 and back, is where we have holes.

2 Likes

Show us your Bots! has a few missing images!

5 Likes

Fixed—thanks for the heads-up!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I think I got them all. Those are some long threads.

5 Likes

Lot of work there, and very much appreciated.

it’s nice to see those screencaps again.

3 Likes

Found another page with some missing ones…

2 Likes

Fixed—thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes