MISSING: DIY Concession kit

Name: DIY Concession kit
Know aliases: Popcorn Bucket & Cup
Last known photograph

Any information regarding current whereabouts or an updated physical description would be greatly appreciated.

6 Likes

Here is the most recent info on Kickstarter rewards:

7 Likes

Thanks for the reminder that I had most of this year to try and straighten/de-clutter the house, but I still haven’t. :sweat:

10 Likes

Houses can be straightened/decluttered?

I’ll have to research that.

13 Likes

Sounds like witchcraft to me.

5 Likes

It’s easy! Just take everything that’s in the way, out of fashion, or too good to throw out, shove it into the hall closet, and keep anyone from ever opening the closet again. Et violà!

7 Likes

Under the bed also works, and is less hazardous, unless your little brother is playing with matches and throws them under the bed when he hears your mom coming down the hall.

Ask me how I know.

2 Likes

wahhhh waaaahhhh waaaaaahhhhh

1 Like

You can research that? I’ll have to read about that!

4 Likes

I already prepared for the worst case scenario that the 3-D episode airs prior to the arrival of the items. I was able to find 3-D glasses on Amazon. The nice thing is there are things on YouTube to use them as well, so they won’t be a complete waste.

3 Likes

I have at least one pair of those cardboard red/blue 3d glasses stuck away in a comic book somewhere, not sure if they’ll work.

5 Likes

Not only do I have cardboard 3-D glasses, they came from my local TV station in the 80s when they had a broadcast of The Mask. I’m torn between wearing those and my Kickstarter reward glasses (assuming they come in time).

6 Likes

local UHF station here showed the Mask in 3-d back then too. I think you could pick up the glasses for it in local grocery store as part of a cross promotion.

i also had a pair from a 3-d poster that I think came in an issue of Dynamite! magazine. sadly both are long gone, tho

5 Likes

years ago I saw a 3-d film (pretty sure it was How to Train Your Dragon) at the local theater, with friends and somehow had an extra pair of glasses handed to me, put one pair in my bag and weeks later realized I still had them. Worst case, those should still be around here somewhere.

2 Likes

Those might be the polarizing 3D glasses, not the red/blue anaglyph 3D glasses, which is what is needed here. Polarizing 3D is used for more modern films (like How to Train Your Dragon) and it is a more realistic 3D, but older movies used the red/blue glasses.

2 Likes

dang, well then time to pick up a pair of cheap reading glasses and some markers.

3 Likes

You have to have special set up to use polarized glasses at home, and I’m pretty sure you don’t. I do, but I’m weird.

Without specialized equipment, the only way to watch in 3D is to use the red/blue or red/green glasses. They won’t be broadcasting in the format you/I’d need to use the special equipment (because so few people could make use of it)

4 Likes

Older movies in theaters also used polarized glasses. Red/blue was used for comics and TV broadcasts.

1 Like

Polarized 3D was pretty rare in the 50s and 60s at the height of the original 3D craze. It was mostly anaglyph. The advantage of anaglyph is it can be printed on standard-sized celluloid with no additional projection technology required.

3 Likes

Number 1 myth on this list:

3 Likes