MLB 2022 baseball

What a 9th inning for the Phillies, batting around to get 6 runs after being shut out for 8 innings.

1 Like

I don’t know what Oli was thinking a) having the infield in, when the double play ball has been the Cards’strength all season, and b) keeping in Helsley after he walked Harper (maybe Castellanos’) when it was clear he’d lost control. I have never been this angry about how a game ended before, and I was around for all the baffling decisions of the Matheny era.

But as they say, tomorrow is another day.

1 Like

That was amazingly gritty. Nice!

1 Like

The Phillies radio guys commented on that, talking about how the inning would have been different if they were in their normal spots.

1 Like

Phillies hold off the Cardinals and are heading to Atlanta for the next round.

1 Like

Almost every inning was a nail biter with the Phillies pitchers getting into trouble a lot, but we eek out a win to start the series against the Braves.

1 Like

Randazzo will now be forever known as the man who called Pujols’s 700th home run

1 Like

Really amazing 2 games at home for the Phillies, crushing the braves.

Hoskins comes out of his horrible slump at the perfect time, JT gets an inside the park home run, fun stuff to watch.

Now we wait to see who we play, LA or San Diego.

2 Likes

Still playing in the 14th in Seattle.

Stephen Colbert Waiting GIF

1 Like

I was rooting for the Phillies to beat the Braves, and now I root for whoever the Phillies play to beat them. Sorry.

1 Like

Daaaaa something something lose. - Big Papi

1 Like

Amid all the chaos, upheaval, and division, the Dodgers choking in the postseason is the one thing we as a nation can count on and celebrate together.

3 Likes

As a long suffering Angels fan, let the Mickey Mouse chants begin!
The Muppet Show Yes GIF by Muppet Wiki
I’m no fan of Astros but after what Winker did to the crowd in Anaheim in June, good riddance to Seattle.

1 Like

Phillies vs. Padres to go to the World Series, who’d a thunk it?

Here’s hoping Cleveland can knock the Yanks out, oh what will the national broadcast teams talk about with all their favorites out?

3 Likes

Team I hate vs. team I hate in AL. Gag me.

Lisa Simpson Episode 25 GIF by The Simpsons

1 Like

Not sure my heart can take many more games like these…

The schedule is nuts after tonight. Phillies Padres don’t start until almost 8pm Saturday, have to play at 2:30pm Sunday, and if there is a game 6 they all fly to San Diego for an 8pm game Monday.

1 Like

Another crazy game and the Phillies are going to the world series!

1 Like

Yanks, Winehouse, Jones, Hendrix, Joplin, Cobain, Morrison…

Johnny Carson Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

2 Likes

As a long-time Not-Astros fan, I will be rooting for the Not-Astros this week.

1 Like

It’s not possible for me to root for either one. I root for the Mets and the A’s, so neither the Phillies nor the Astros is possible for me.

1 Like