Moments of Joy

This here thread is kind of a corkboard for posting those little happy things in your life that you want to share. Those things which don’t particularly fit into other threads, but which the community might enjoy with you.

I’ll kick it off with a bit of familial pride. My niece Lana Scott will be competing in this season of The Voice. You can get a quick glimpse of her reacting to the judges here.

She’s informed me that tonight’s episode (9/21/2021) will be the one with her audition performance. I hope you’ll check it out if you’re interested. And please share your own moments of joy!

14 Likes

I had Jell-O today.

4 Likes

Get back in your little boat, old man.

6 Likes

My 4-year-old nephew came down to visit this past weekend and even though he wasn’t feeling good and clung to my mother the whole time I still got some quality time in with him. It was real nice.

5 Likes

Yesterday my two year old daughter and I cuddled and sang along to Caspar Babypants songs for an hour. She did get up to dance to “Run Baby Run”.

4 Likes

My teenage daughter was just telling me her opinions about past decades, and said “the 90’s were basically just off-brand 80’s.” :laughing:

9 Likes

Smart cookie!

6 Likes

Oh crap I just sat down to eat dinner with my mom who happened to be watching and I saw your niece singing and remembered your post and realized it was her lol :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m so happy with her performance and how the show handled everything. Looking forward to seeing how she progresses!

4 Likes

Spooky season officially started today. I’m SOOOO happy!

3 Likes

HELL YEAH :smiley:

Gosh, but I love this time of year.

Scary movies, fantastic decorations, candy and apple cider and cinnamon doughnuts, a trip to a pumpkin patch to pick up various odds and ends, fun novelty tunes… damn. I love it all.

Plenty of reasons to be SOOOO happy, I’m with ya on that!

4 Likes

Flannel Shirts still > Poet’s Shirts though

4 Likes

I’m in the “Rayon Forever” camp myself.

1 Like

For those here following on from the initial post, my niece Lana Scott was in the Battle round of The Voice last night. Another segment of high drama!

3 Likes

If we’re going to talk about being proud of relatives, my cousin won an IgNobel Prize.

3 Likes

Oh man, I love the IgNobels! And the levitating frog experiment was great!

3 Likes

Incidentally, this is the best IgNobel winner ever. It generated such sensationalistic headlines at the time, most of which are unprintable here. :duck: :grin:

2 Likes

I promised myself I wouldn’t spam the board about every step of this journey, but now that my niece Lana Scott has made the top ten on The Voice, I think it merits another post. :microphone:

2 Likes