Most Noble MST3K Side Characters

So, there have been talks about the heroes and villains of MST3K movies, but what about characters that aren’t the main ones but have a sense of nobility about them?

First example was Chase’s French girlfriend in “Giant Gila Monster”…not only using her own money to help Chase’s little sister, but willing to go with Chase in the ending scene with the Nitro despite not really needing to.

Oh, and of course, this thread would be remiss without mentioning Cornjob.

13 Likes

The story is tripe, and none of them can accent their way out of a paper bag. But I like how the young women in The Atomic Brain are concerned about each other even though they’re only acquaintances. Nina really wanted to save Bea. She only couldn’t because :notes: the Devil made this garbage for yooou… :notes:

11 Likes

I mentioned in another thread that I just rewatched SST Death Flight. Burgess Meredith is pretty noble in sacrificing himself to keep the plane crash from being worse.

8 Likes

I’ve decided that they all must have foreign accent syndrome.

4 Likes

Fun Fact: The actress who portrays Nina actually is German.

2 Likes

How about those knights in The Magic Sword that would tank the curses so the hero could get to the end. Especially the one who got the cave opened back up by becoming a tortured ghost. They didn’t know they’d come back at the end!

12 Likes

My man Vadinho in The Pumaman goes through a LOT, but is still clutch as hell.

MVP of that movie, easily.

13 Likes

[sigh] Goude from Giant Shrew-Puppies really is from Sweden, too. Let’s add an extra layer to @Dr_Phantom 's comment and call it Double-Back Accent Syndrome. In which an aspiring performer spends years mastering English and trying to kill their accent. So they can make it big in Hollywood. (Or Texas.) Only to be told that they need to revive it if they want the job. :confused:

5 Likes

I would nominate all of humanity, who, one must assume, lived in a chaotic, nightmarish world without springs for all of two minutes because of a hastily uttered (and quickly recanted) wish made by some golf playing nimrod who couldn’t even afford a new sofa.

All hail springs!

9 Likes

Hail springs, without which we are nothing!

Let’s not forget Stumpy, who deserves our respect for putting up with Drake, if nothing else.

Oh, and noble and side character might not apply, but I don’t think Daphne from Hobgoblins gets enough respect. Well, respecting anyone from that film might be going too far, but you know what I mean. She’s the most focused, level-headed character in the later parts of the film and seems to be the most intelligent (very low bar, I know). She doesn’t fall for the beasties’ tricks, either.

6 Likes

A special above and beyond the call of nobility award should go to Lt. Lemont, who despite having been killed in cold blood, still showed up for work the next day!

We thank you for your service, Lieutenant. Now get back in your grave, you brain devouring ghoul!

13 Likes

This movie didn’t even know it was anticipating Covid-era boss-employee relations. :grimacing:

4 Likes

One of these days, I’m going to re-edit Space Mutiny and clean up all the continuity problems :wink:

4 Likes

Bonus challenge: Replace the Battlestar Galactica footage.

3 Likes

paperairplane

Challenge accepted.

7 Likes

Once you remove all the problems, you’re left with about 20 minutes of film, right? :thinking:

5 Likes

From Cave Dwellers, I’d like to nominate Ator’s right-hand man Dong.

5 Likes

He’ll accept that honor when the fish is ready.

6 Likes

Itchy’s giant turtle (I think its name was Gamera) played an important part in helping Itchy steer Japanese scientists and the military to victory.

9 Likes

When evil Henry Silva was making people leave the Bronx, Strike (and even Junior) proved more effective heroes than Trash.

5 Likes