Most Noble MST3K Side Characters

He didn’t try all that hard to save Timothy Leary, IMHO.

5 Likes

How dare you!

Kindly cafe owner Al Frazer, from I Accuse My Parents has a noble soul

He gives Jimmy a job, a place to stay, a place to dine on endless hamburger sammiches - he tries to save the liar’s filthy immortal soul by taking him to church each Sunday - and leaves his life and livelihood behind to help the clod confront his past and reconcile with his gal.

Plus, he’s not really officer Toody, so that’s a plus.

George Lloyd in I Accuse My Parents (1944)

9 Likes

Good choice! Plus he’s an accomplished hat-maker.

6 Likes

Wanama in Jungle Goddess. She was very sweet and treated terribly. All she wanted was to make Monte Greta happy.

7 Likes

I nominate the gang in Future War. I believe they were called the 12th Street Gang? They had every reason to really hate the nun and not help her at all. But when it came down to it they put aside their beef to help the hood. Respect.

5 Likes

Uh, aren’t you forgetting someone?

3 Likes

This guy’s bad. This is his first and last movie.

dirty harry GIF

1 Like

Well, kind of. Weren’t they dealing drugs, too? Yes, the gang leader’s sister died while running with the then-drug-addicted protagonist. But presumably a lot of other people also died from those same drugs. So I’d say they had… half of one reason to hate her. A very flimsy half.

3 Likes

Late addition: Godo from Time Of The Apes.

He helps a bunch of total strangers at huge personal risk. He loses everything for that, except his life. (At least, on-camera he’s still alive.)

Why’d they have to strand him in that timeless desert instead of obnoxious Johnny? I guess we’re supposed to assume the cave-god thing was merciful for not sending the little brat along with him? Whatever. I don’t get Japan.

6 Likes

He’s good with the rodents though.

3 Likes

…But enough about his first five or six agents.

:kiss: THANK YOU!!

2 Likes

I’m watching I Accuse My Parents on the MST3K Twitch channel right now, and yeah, Al Frazer is impossibly, refreshingly noble.

He even has an entire spiel where he lays down his whole humanitarian code of conduct.

4 Likes