most underrated experiment?

I’m totally with you on The Horror Of Party Beach, Daddy-O, and Girls Town. Other folks have mentioned The Girl In Lovers Lane which I also dig (save for the end). I’ve realized that all of these experiments have teen delinquents and/or music. I’d have little interest in watching this genre of movies outside of MST3K, but I love them as experiments.

On the flip side, I love kaiju flicks and Gamera Vs. Guiron and Yongary: Monster from the Deep are in my Top 25, but the rest of the MST3K kaiju experiments are more on the meh side for me.

3 Likes

There’s a string of musicality going throughout all those episodes (for better or worse), which would make them ideal for a mini-marathon of sorts.

Yeah, 90% of The Girl in Lovers Lane is ON FIRE, but that ending is too brutal, even for this show.

God, but they’re so fun as part of the Mads’ experiments. It’d be great to see those delinquency/music/crime caper movies incorporated into the show once more!

If you gotta go with one Gamera movie, I think you went with the best one of the bunch. All the weird stuff happens there, which makes it something of a zaniness overload for the show… in a good way!

3 Likes

The Horror of Party Beach is a good one, i’m glad it’s getting covered in the summer movie series.

3 Likes

gamera is really neat, gamera is turtle meat, we’re all eating gameraaaaaa

cornjob will be blamed.

3 Likes

I’ll go to my grave saying that Squirm is a delightful little movie and great fun to watch, even unriffed. I really enjoy both the protagonists (the woman’s ludicrous accent notwithstanding), and the uncut version adds nice character nuance, especially to the sister character.

4 Likes