Most violent or graphic experiment?

When I was daydreaming about dream MST3K seasons, I ran across a few films that are super cheesy but have some violent parts. In general I know that the show tends to stay away from that or edit it out if it’s just a few brief scenes. What was the bloodiest or most violent episode that they actually had? And I don’t just mean gross like Incredible Melting Man. I mean like people getting shot. I know Mitchell and Final Justice had a few. What else?

FYI I was watching Empire of the Dark and I would love to see it riffed on the show and maybe it could happen since Steve Barkett passed away earlier this year but there is quite a bit of cheesy violence.

2 Likes

I think Sidehackers takes the cake for that one, IIRC.

4 Likes

I think Sidehackers is worth mentioning. The creators didn’t realize they’d have to edit out a violent rape scene until after they briefly screened and licensed it.

Edit: @Spotty_Boots beat me to it.

6 Likes

There are so many kills in Space Mutiny, including the roasting of an unarmed disabled man.

5 Likes

Also, monster movies tend to get a pass for body counts. Especially, Kaiju. How many innocent’s die in a typical Gamera, Killer Eye, or Gorgo movie? But they go unscene largely. Same goes for big space invasion movies. So neither seem gruesome.

Demon Squad would have been my suggestion off the top of my head for most violence as I would define it.

2 Likes

There’s a scene in It’s a Wonderful Life, of all movies, where George Bailey is running away and the Bedford Falls town cop tries to shoot him in the back.

A trope, I guess, at the time (of course he would miss), but jeez does that stand out these days.

4 Likes

I think for total body count, though, I’d go with The Sword and the Dragon, where we see piles of dead after some of the battles.

Gamera movies have high body counts, too, but they rarely show bodies in the older kaiju movies.

5 Likes

If you want to give bonus points for completely pointless deaths, I nominate Starcrash for the torpedoes-equipped-with-humans-instead-of-explosives scene.

3 Likes

I’ll give Atlantic Rim a BA-BOOM! here, since our alleged hero definitely kills at least as many people as the monster.

5 Likes

If it is the most disgusting movie…that honor has to go to the Incredible Melting Man.

Watching that astronaut gradually melt into a pile of goo was just awful. Though the total cheesiness of the film stopped it from being nausea fuel or nightmare fuel. As was the titular character’s fate where that janitor nonchalantly scooped up what was left of the guy and dropped him into a garbage can.

4 Likes

I’d forgotten about that one! The IMM slumped by the wall like so much thrown-out leftover manicotti is truly a singular image. :rofl:

5 Likes

Fridge cleanout day in the Aquarius household requires boots and a raincoat!

3 Likes

What about The Brain That Wouldn’t Die?

5 Likes

Not surprising, seeing as how much of the show’s DNA comes from Silent Running whose protagonist murders his coworkers then later commits suicide. Oh, and it’s rated G.

3 Likes

Paper Chase guy

1 Like

Grandma stabbing the deputy in The Touch of Satan was pretty graphic.

1 Like

There’s also this one scene in Mac and Me where Michael got shot. Unfortunately, unless if it’s an international release, we never got to see the extended cut of the movie.

1 Like

Gumby.

4 Likes

Apparently I’m not a fan of bugs, so I’ll add The Deadly Bees and Squirm. to the list. Yuck.

3 Likes

Operation Kid Brother – From the plane crash victim in the beginning to the wild guns and arrows shoot out in the villain’s underground lair (which explodes, presumably killing every one left inside) at the conclusion, there must be a pretty high body count in that one.

3 Likes