Movie Jo Night - The Day My Kid Went Punk

In anticipation of the next upcoming episode of The Mary Jo Pehl Show, join original Mystery Science Theater 3000 writer & cast member Mary Jo Pehl as she watches a never-before-seen-by-her movie, along with YOU, on Twitch!

This month’s movie: ABC Afterschool Special: THE DAY MY KID WENT PUNK (1987)

THIS EVENT WILL NOT BE RECORDED OR OFFERED AS A DOWNLOAD FOR LATER. The only way to watch this event will be to watch the live broadcast on Tuesday, January 4 @ 8pm ET / 7pm CT.

Watch and subscribe to The Mary Jo Pehl Show on Twitch with new episodes every fourth Tuesday @ 8pm ET / 7pm CT! https://twitch.tv/themaryjopehlshow

5 Likes

It stars also that one old piano guy from Fame.

2 Likes

I hope some fan is grabbing the feed. I did that with the KS livestreams, but I’m not on Twitch so I won’t be kiping these.

It’s not likely since the riffing will be improv, but I hope there’s at least one reference to this “punk” ad.

2 Likes

Spoiler alert: As much as you’re hoping it is, that isn’t Sean Astin.

1 Like

“My dad’s the Love Boat doctor so down with the fascists! California über alles! I’m gonna set my hair with glue and use safety pins to put skeletons and $h!# all over my band sweaters. Mom’ll dig it; she used to live in the Amityville house so she’s down.”

1 Like