Movie(s) from MST3K that you own - or would like to - in their original unriffed state

Subject says it all - what movie(s) that have been riffed on MST3K would you actually add to your library in their original, un-riffed state?

I’ll start - I’d love to own a copy of “Moon Zero Two.” I actually love that movie. The art design is fantastic, the actors are not your typical sci-fi action types, the action scenes are super wacky, and the music is bat-poop insane, in the best way.

4 Likes

I’d love to own the Russo-Finnish quadrilogy (The Day the Earth Froze, The Magic Voyage of Sinbad, The Sword and the Dragon, and Jack Frost), because those movies were goofy as hell, entertaining, and gorgeous.

I’m keen on those musical crime caper films, too, so for enjoyment’s sake, I’d like to have Untamed Youth, Catalina Caper, Daddy-O, The Beatniks, I Accuse My Parents, and Girls Town.

Gunslinger always draws me into the movie, so I’d like to have that one added to my film library.

2 Likes

I have purchased a few on Blu-ray, sometimes unintentionally as when I purchased one of Vinegar Syndrome’s 5 Years 5 Films box sets and found Cry Wilderness as one of the films on there. Also from Vin Syn, I have the very nice Blu-rays of Hobgoblins and Alien from L.A.

I own a couple from Severin Films: Carnival Magic (I’m oddly drawn to this attempt at a family film from exploitation director Al Adamson) and the uncut R-rated version of Horrors of Spider Island.

There are plenty I would love to see come to Blu-Ray from a boutique label. Space Mutiny, for example.

3 Likes

I think the remastered Blu-ray of Manos is the only one I’ve sought and bought. I have a handful of the Rhino MST discs too, and several of them include the unriffed version, but I forget exactly which ones.

I just learned First Spaceship on Venus (originally The Silent Star) is available on disc, and I’m inclined to get it. I’d also like to have Robot Holocaust, Laserblast and maybe Giant Spider Invasion.

3 Likes

I have one of those “50 horror classics” DVD packs that has thinks like the killer shrews and others on it. I’ll have to dig that out tomorrow and see how many were riffed by MST

3 Likes

Some pretty solid titles in there

3 Likes

Those 50 movie packs are treasure troves of riffed and riffable material. I have several. The SciFi one is awesome. As you can see from the Amazon description, it has several movies that have already been riffed by MST3K and Rifftrax.

3 Likes

Wow so many familiar titles in there. I wonder if they threw those together thinking they could sell them easily since they had been riffed

2 Likes