Movie Transcript, Riff, & Sketch Script - How many different Souvenir Books were there?

Thinking about this earlier - Back during the Watch Out for Snakes tour, the souvenir stand sold books that were the scripts for the show. I know there was this one for EEGAH! as I have a copy. I believe there may have been another one sold at the show as well.

It was fun to be able to go back through this after the show and fill in the blanks for riffs that I missed (especially due to my loss of hearing).

How often were these done? Anyone have any others?

5 Likes

As far as I’m aware that was the only one. I don’t think they even did one for Argoman that same tour.

3 Likes

I didn’t even know this existed. They certainly didn’t have any for sale at my venue. You lucky mofo.

2 Likes

Funny- about 20 min ago I asked my wife to ping a friend and ask if anything like this was or would be in the works/offerings for this tour, even though it wasn’t for GCMC and one hasn’t been done yet this time 'round. I think these were brilliant ideas. If you’ve seen this current tour, you know how much there is to miss, and some bits I’d love to have lyrics and clarifications.

4 Likes

I wish they did the movie transcript for every movie. My daughter (70) loved it and was sad the next year when they did not do it.

4 Likes

@justabob Hey, I’m trying to track down a copy of this now. Could you tell me how much it initially cost? Thanks!

2 Likes

Wait. Wait. How old are YOU?!

6 Likes

It’s been just long enough that I can’t remember exactly what I paid for it, and there’s no price on the book itself. I seem to recall it was around $20, maybe a little more as I remember having to decide between it and another item at the stand due to the price.

I see there are a couple of copies available on Amazon, as well as some that seem to pop up every so often on eBay. Good luck finding it!

4 Likes

@justabob

Thanks! Think I may have found a copy already! Sadly, most copies are $30, but whatever, it’s a small price to pay.

I’m just annoyed we never got these. I totally would have bought one.

Heck, I bought one of the giant snakes, the books would have been nothing compared to that.

3 Likes

I got my copy of it when they did the first rounds of tour merch clearance sales. I got that and the snake-in-a-mug that I missed out on at the merch table at the time.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to make it to that tour, but that looks pretty cool! I may need to get myself a copy

2 Likes

@Greengreatlabcoat

Wait. Wait. They sold those?! Did my stop have nothing?!

Does anyone have pictures of theirs?!

1 Like

I’ll try to remember to take a photo of it when I get home.

1 Like

Please! Grumbles Now I have to try to track one of those down.

What else did I miss?!

2 Likes

Did you buy every item they had at the show you went to?

2 Likes

Not EVERY item. Just the ones I really liked. Like, I almost never buy the t-shirts. But I love weird gubbins and things that are strange or distinct (for example, I bought 2 of the pocket watches. One to use and one to keep mint). But I ABSOLUTELY would have bought both the script and the snake gun if they had been available. In fact the only reason I bought the giant snake signed by Joel was to console myself that they didn’t really have any weird merchandise at my stop. I even though to myself “Man, I wish they had made those snake guns for the tour. I would have bought a couple of those. They’re so cool. Seems like a missed opportunity on their part.” I think I even asked at the merch table if they had something like that and they said they didn’t, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

I’m more than a little ticked off, is what I’m saying.

2 Likes

I usually get the Tshirt and one or two other things. The one piece of merch I’m kicking myself for not getting was the cute little Turkey from the 30th anniversary tour (I opted for the foam “it stinks” hand and the coin instead)

2 Likes

I’m not sure I got the Turkey either. I’ll have to check my collection. I know I got the hand, and I think I got the coin. Man, I have to clean out my display room so I can put up my MST3K stuff so I can figure out what I have….

2 Likes

I went and checked and I do have the coin and the Turkey (and you’re right. He’s adorable!) Yay!

I also, apparently stole some of the merchandise display cards for the 30th show. Huh.

2 Likes

ebay has one for mega bux. I bet the lack of merchandise at some tour stops is partly due to lame speculators buying things up to sell instead of for rememberancing the event.

2 Likes