Movies that make Kevin angry

I’ve noticed that certain movies seem to trigger Kevin’s rage more than others. I was watching Time Chasers last night, and that is one of the movies that clearly starts to irritate him: “was the tree a financial sponsor of this movie? COME ON ALREADY”.

They end up making for really funny riffs. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

13 Likes

So the problem with this theory is that we know they write the jokes and then later decide who says them based on a system where lines are handed out 1-2-3, 1-2-3, and so on.
I’ve seen this said a few times and haven’t seen a clarification that some times they change it so someone gets a specific line.

4 Likes

Maybe it just works out for his line delivery. Maybe Kevin just delivers the “I’m mad as hell [at this movie] and I’m not gonna take it anymore” lines really well.

6 Likes

That is what I was thinking. Maybe his delivery is more noticeable on those type of lines.

1 Like

Either way, it works out for the benefit of all. Some of my favorites episodes are movies where Kevin delivers the “angry” lines!

6 Likes

No one can scream END!! END!! the way Kevin does.

20 Likes

I just assumed Sidehackers made everyone angry that it exists.

9 Likes

This doesn’t theoretically count, but Crow’s “Nurse Tom Servo” dream in the opening host segment of Bride of the Monster is right up there.

“Turn it off…Turn it OFFF!! TURN IT OFFFFF!!!”

(Apparently this was a reference to George C. Scott in the trailer for Hardcore, which Kevin has mentioned on a few occasions. He totally nailed it.)

7 Likes
12 Likes

My favorite Angry Kevin moment: Kevin as Servo in the Flemish Glassblower costume during Boggy Creek 2. Super angry and super funny.

4 Likes

On the flip side, Tom was WAY off-base with his rant at the end of Being from Another Planet.

2 Likes

I think it’s an outtake, but there’s a scene where Crow is whimpering and almost crying and you hear Kevin say “ALRIGHT!” but Tom’s mouth doesn’t appear to move. :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah. It’s not much of a movie but it’s got a basic level of cheap competence, at least.

I think Tom must’ve been traumatized by a boiler room in his formative building days.

His rage-y ode to stock footage in Neptune Men is a masterpiece, however.

2 Likes

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/aceg/8/819/ep819.html

“Can you tell I hated this movie?” - Kevin Murphy in his final line from his Invasion of the Neptune Men episode guide write-up

5 Likes

“Starring no one …”

Well … Sonny Chiba would have begged to differ, but I get his point. :smiley:

5 Likes

Heh, I was gonna say, I wouldn’t call “Sonny Chiba” a no one, but Kevin was working through his grief, and you have to feel for that.

4 Likes

On day 10 of a 2-week business trip, I sent that clip to all my friends and family with no other context by way of a cry for help.

6 Likes

The one I find most amusing is the rant over the credits for Being From Another Planet, which while extremely not-good also seems like one of the more innocuous movies they’d riffed.

I know, I know, it was all scripted, but the grudging acceptance that The Castle of Fu Manchu was only equally as bad just stands out for me as being out of all proportion to the relatively modest pain inflicted by BFAP.

4 Likes

Kevin can just go into histrionic ranting better than anyone on the cast. See also, the time Winky from Manhunt In Space showed up. “WINKY THAT’S YOUR MOTHER HOW COULD YOU?!?”

3 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS (although I do love the Bots freaking out over the POV shots from the mummy)

A big part of the fun in that credit sequence is the variety of ways in which Murphy’s Servo says “worse!” with each subsequent movie title.

3 Likes