Movies that make Kevin angry

I know I’ve said this before, it is rather quaint to see them sell Being From Another Planet as a “notorious” experiment considering what is looming later that season.

But it’s still a great trip down memory lane! :smiley:

3 Likes

“Okay, Castle Of Fu Manchu was just as bad…”

But, since I mentioned it earlier, in the prelude to Winky (I think), Tom says something to the effect of “Just when I think the last film was the worst movie we’ve ever seen, along comes the WORST movie we’ve ever seen”, when Manhunt In Space isn’t really all that bad. I seem to remember hearing that the Rocky Jones TV series was actually pretty well regarded in it’s day, with the main reason it was cancelled was more because of budget (they recorded on actual film stock, like I Love Lucy, if I recall correctly).

4 Likes

Thanks to this thread, I woke up this morning thinking about Giant Servo watching the bread delivery short.

“MOVIE BAD.”
“MOVIE GO ‘WAY.”
HATE MOVIE!”

8 Likes

I’m up for a re-watch of the Rocky Jones episodes anytime, anywhere. I also have a cool book of vintage sci-fi toys and games where he gets a mention or two.

3 Likes

I’ve watched Crash of Moons a couple times recently. The Rocky Jones series seems like it’s a fun, campy, 1950s sci-fi story.

6 Likes

The Rocky Jones episodes are wonderfully breezy like that.

If not for the focus on Gizmoplex features having widescreen presentations and super-clean prints, it would be cool to think that another Rocky Jones episode could be a possibility.

The visual of Mike carrying Giant Servo into the theater is too precious for words.

7 Likes

he cries & whines a bit during Indestructible Man when a scene goes on and on

2 Likes

Manhunt in Space is on Pluto right now!

3 Likes

:smiley:
So damn good. Thanks for the heads-up!

2 Likes

Alien From L.A.
Eeegah

He wants to do this to them.
Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux