Movies that Need to be Riffed by the MST3K Gang

I just saw that flick about a month ago. That was funny!
Talk about a bad monkey…that funky monkey :grin:

Night At The Museum Movie GIF by 20th Century Studios

1 Like

Oblivion and Oblivion 2 if they haven’t been listed

1 Like

RiffTrax has done both if you haven’t had a chance to check them out. I’m a big fan.

2 Likes

Here’s another one. I remember this one from when I was a kid.

8 Likes

…And its memorable sequel: 101 Damnations Alley !!

:cricket::cricket::cricket:

I’ll just show myself out.

7 Likes

Damnation Alley (1977) Movie Trailer - Jan-Michael Vincent, George Peppa

2 Likes

This would be a good one to riff for sure.

3 Likes

Beware the Tabonga.

4 Likes

Another failed TV pilot. It follows the proud tradition of 70s-80s TV superhero shows in that a man attains nearly godlike powers that could alter the course of human history and uses them to… Tear through a chainlink fence in under a minute! Run after car thieves at speeds of nearly 30 mph! Slightly contribute to solving a murder!

4 Likes

So Cannon released a series of fairy tale adaptations in the late 80s, which dwindled in budget as the series went on. Some “highlights”:

Puss in Boots (starring Christopher Walken and Jason Connery)

Red Riding Hood (starring Craig T Nelson & Isabella Rossellini)

3 Likes

Coach! They could have a field day with that.

2 Likes

How about the “Rocky, but in space” movie Arena (1989)? Starring a handful of actors that would go on to roles in Babylon 5.

6 Likes

strong textHere’s a list of movies I would love to be riffed(and have suggested them over the years)
Frankenstein’s Daughter starring John Ashley
Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster
The Astounding She Monster
Sting of Death
Moment by Moment starring Lily Tomlin and John Travolta
The Oscar
The Naked Road
Nukie
The Shape of Things to Come
Sinbad: Battle of the Dark Knights

4 Likes

Disciple of Death (1972) with Mike Raven.

1 Like

Also, I feel like any “Kid goes on adventures with a strange critter” type would make for a good riff.

1 Like

A topic near and dear to my heart.

Frogs (1972) - Ray Milland, Sam Elliott, peering stalking reptiles, Frogs is that animals run amok feature just begging for the riff treatment. Killer critter POV, murder setpieces, and a Fourth of July Celebration? “What more could anyone ask?” A previous Scream Factory offering.

Night of the Lepus (1972) - Troublesome rabbits on the range are biologically messed with resulting in GIANT bunny rabbits ravaging the Arizona countryside seeking human victims. Stuart Whitman, Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun, DeForest Kelly, Paul Fix. Mix veteran stars and character actors alongside cotton tails frolicking next to miniatures and you have Movie Sign! A current Scream Factory selection.

Tentacles (1977) - An Italian ripoff of Jaws (1975) highlighting crazed over the top music, high priced appearances by Shelley Winters and John Huston, Henry Fonda popping in too, and Killer Whales attacking an Octopus. An OOP Scream release well worth the time.

Without Warning (1980) - A former Scream Factory release and starring Jack Palance, Martin Landau, and David Caruso in a Dean Cundey shot Alien on the prowl feature that inspired Predator (1987).

Motel Hell (1980) - Wolfman Jack, Rory Calhoun, Nancy Parsons, Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) Meets Dukes of Hazzard. It’s a comedy yet the sincerity is ripe for riffing along with the general storyline. The country song within is an open invitation to Tom Servo. A Scream Factory title.

Scarecrows (1988) - Imagine Aliens (1986) or Predator (1987) as a Z-Grade Schlockfest and you have Scarecrows. Armed mercenaries pull off an impossible heist and parachute in the middle of the night into the middle of nowhere surrounded by cornfields and a house menaced by ominous Scarecrows that come alive and stalk the hardcases one by one. Yelling, shooting, bad special effects, and low budget hijinks ensue. Another OOP Scream Factory release.

7 Likes

Oddly enough, this one WAS considered by Team MST3K once upon a time, but they just couldn’t seal the deal in terms of securing the movie rights.

1 Like

Don’t forget Ray Milland’s swan song: The Sea Serpent (1984). Dubbed Italian schlock with Timothy Bottoms in designer woolens and an adorable perm, a confused society babe who he has to rescue from an asylum, and a lighthouse keeper with multiple personalities. Oh, and of course a big cheap looking toothy puppet.

2 Likes

What about the Masters of the Universe movie? One of Cannon Films’ shining examples of their output.

5 Likes

Definitely riff worthy for sure.

1 Like