Movies that Need to be Riffed by the MST3K Gang

Right after I suggested it I hated the proposition.

2 Likes

Puss in Boots is straight nightmare fuel.

6 Likes

Bit mainstream, but Jason x or Jason vs Freddy would probably be pretty spiffy.

7 Likes

Freddy vs Jason was at least entertaining. Jason X could definitely be riffed spectaularly but Freddy vs Jason is tounge in cheek enough it may be harder.

5 Likes

I saw that as part of a local university’s film series, and I was legit creeped out (and I love David Bowie).

4 Likes

As much as I love it, I think Breakin’ 2 Electric Boogaloo would be a lot of fun. I’d also like to see The Stuff get riffed.

8 Likes

An HBO original (Which means the live action Fist of the North Star with the same lead should come first as it was more ridiculous.)
To its credit the fighting choreography in this was top notch, and the final twist at the end of the recording was a nice touch. wrestler Rob Van Dam was in it as one of the foes.

5 Likes

One movie I recently remembered even existed was “My Stepmother is an Alien.” It’s got Dan Aykroyd, Kim Basinger, and a young Alyson Hannigan. I think it would work really well as a Mac and Me type riff. All I remember is that she drinks a battery in it.

8 Likes

YES. I still think of the way “Pump Up The Volume” was used with that s*x scene. Cheesetastic!

4 Likes

Chosen Survivors (74)

1 Like

I’ve not seen it, but given the title, the theme, and the participation of both Ross Hagen and Gus Trikonis, I believe this should be done. Though like Sidehackers, pre-watch to ensure nothing nasty lurks within.

6 Likes

Everything about this looks awesome and begs for the RiffTrax treatment. Premise? Check. Title? Check. Poster? Check. 1975? Check. Ross Hagen? Check.

And at first glance, the guy facing right in the tiny poster looks kinda like Burt Reynolds, which would add an epic check.

6 Likes

Agreed, it’s much more in the Rifftrax wheelhouse than MST3K. I don’t think Joel would even allow the title to be said aloud on the show. :blush:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Dragonball Evolution would be my top choice!

4 Likes

I’d love to see “The Last Dinosaur” on MST3K. Not a very original answer I know, I’ve seen a lot of people bring it up before, but it’s the first one that springs to mind.

8 Likes

I remember when The Last Dinosaur was first aired. I was a tyke and a dinosaur enthusiast. The Friday on which it was to air arrived and after sitting through school and a cub scout meeting, I sprawled out on the shag carpeting of our den - harvest gold, of course - and…disappointment.

Like The Land That Time Forgot from a year or two earlier, I got puppets that bore little resemblance to the ferocious drawings in the TV Guide ad. I watched it, but I was not happy and not even old enough yet to be distracted by the wiles of Joan Van Ark.

8 Likes

Man, you just reminded me that I watched that same airing and had the same reaction. A T Rex that doesn’t have much to do, one buried triceratops, and a guy whose spear hit the only tree in sight. Also bummed it took that long to see so little. Though somehow that theme stuck in my head for the rest of my life to this day. You know the song I mean.
Now that I’m older, I actually love Boone’s performance of an over the hill angry drunk, mostly because he was drinking heavily during much of the shooting. It explained how he did the role so well.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, who could forget the legendary Nancy Wilson’s dramatic theme song and Richard Boone’s performance was definitely brought to us by booze.

7 Likes

I have to confess… I’m not recommending this movie for riffing, but it just kinda happened! I was trying to show my wife 2001: A Space Odyssey (because it’s iconic sci-fi, and it ties into MST3K with the Dr. Forrester starbaby) and there’s just so much empty space – we ended up heckling it mercilessly.

My wife offered a good one when the mission arrived at Jupiter, stating she was waiting for the monolith (accompanied by the droning of a hundred voice) to flip over to reveal this was a THX sound test. She’s come a long way. I’m so proud. :smiley:

:black_large_square:

8 Likes