Movies that Need to be Riffed by the MST3K Gang

gasp

Someone else who’s seen that pile of jingle crap?!?!?

I remember watching this and posting my reactions on FB live; it was like I was riffing it for people who couldn’t see it. Got quite a few laughs out of my FB friends.

4 Likes

I would love to see them Riff Chopping Mall. That movie is ridiculous it would be perfect!

4 Likes

I don’t think any movie needs to be riffed. Riffing is a fun activity that you can do with any movie and the movie comes along as your friend, not your enemy. A better question might be to find out which movies would provide the best breeding ground for jocularity.

3 Likes

Bugsy Malone (1976)
Child actors portraying adult mobsters.!Untitled

11 Likes

I loved Bugsy Malone when I was a kid. I just loved a world where the kids were grown ups. I wanted the cars and the pie tommy guns. I still have a lot of nostalgia for it. It was nice because in the end everyone was okay. I think riffing it would be fun.

6 Likes

Blood Freak is basically treasure. It’s mandatory Thanksgiving viewing in my house.
blood freak

8 Likes

It’s not a good movie, but I love Santa Jaws. It’s become one of my little family’s holiday traditions to watch it and laugh at how bad it is all the way though :christmas_tree::joy:

3 Likes

Oh good goddess where can I watch this??? :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m sure this has been suggested a million times before but I would love to see it riffed. The dubbing is hilarious and has such classic lines as “I want him taken out, and I mean lethally!”

5 Likes

The House on Haunted Hill and the Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price.

Both are public domain, fun to watch and prime riffing material!

6 Likes

It flits around Amazon Prime from time to time, but I’ve also seen the whole thing for free on YouTube.

Apparently an anti-drug movie about a bloodthirsty turkey, guest starring Jesus is not in high demand.

Perhaps if the turkey was GIR, things might be different.
gir I was the turkey

4 Likes

Someone earlier mentioned Inframan. That movie was an attempt by Shaw Brothers, known for their martial arts films, to cash in on the Japanese Henshin hero genre like Ultraman and Kamen Rider.

Speaking of Shaw Brothers and genre adultery…

How about Mighty Peking Man, also known as Goliathon? It was the Shaw Brothers attempt at a kaiju film, meant to cash in on the King Kong remake the year before. The bots are no strangers to kaiju films like Gamera, Godzilla, Gorgo and Reptilicus. That and either title could lead to many jokes.

7 Likes

I have not seen Mighty Peking Man, but based on that trailer, yes, please!

4 Likes

It used to be on Netflix which is where I first saw it. It is cheesy enough to the point that the film takes on a unique charm, much like the other Shaw Brothers works.

4 Likes

3 Likes

From what I can tell, neither MST3k or Riff Trax has done this one (though maybe it happened for a live show, I can’t be sure), but I propose The 5, 000 Fingers of Dr. T. (1953) - IMDb

I remember seeing this a few times on TV when I was a kid. I only remember a couple things from it…the silly hat’s with hands on them, and the kid and plumber belching into jars and using them to scare Dr. T. This is a classic.

3 Likes

``Pray For The Wildcats.

Maybe it’s not quite crappy enough, but the 11-year-old me thought so when it came out in 1974. Mr. Brady, Capt. Kirk, Andy Griffith and the child evangelist Marjoe Gortner running into trouble while dirt biking in Baja. Bonus points for Angie Dickinson speaking the title.

6 Likes

I think it’s been done by Rifftrax already, but the latchkey kid I was who had nothing but HBO to occupy me would love to see them try to make sense of Super Fuzz.

3 Likes

ZEBRAMAN
or
ZEBRAMAN 2 (but not sure if there is an english dub of it)

2 Likes

… I saw this one on its original release, in an Honest-to-Forester 20s movie palace. I have VERY good memories of this flick, and I can only imagine what the MST team could do with it.

3 Likes