Movies that Need to be Riffed by the MST3K Gang

There’s a story that safety concerns were so non-existent on the set that the guy on the left almost for-real died by hanging. o_0 Shatner was able to hold him up while help arrived but ended up breaking a finger in the process. Gotta’ love showbiz. :confused:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Once they’ve exterminated the year 3000, I’d like them to move on to being Exterminators Of The Terror From The Year 5000.

2 Likes

@Yorkshire_Paul Until I watched it, I assumed it was about the 3000th winners of a prestigious exterminator award :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Eh, I think those yo-yos did a more-than-adequate job on themselves. (I could rant about the denouement of that dog for a solid week, if I had some paid time off coming.)

1 Like

d37647e2ca845f48c875c2eb4004f3a0--local-companies-personal-trainer

Highly prestigious.

2 Likes

Well whenever you’re ready, I want you to know we’re here for it.

2 Likes
1 Like

Bahh… he’d be down with it… He isn’t opposed to riffing on others. He could take it. I love him, but he DOES have some stuff that could be riffed.

2 Likes

I just stumbled across this site and pretty much everything on it seems riffable. I have a soft spot of the hallucinatory nature of mod-sploitation films.

https://www.modcinema.com/

2 Likes

I think 1982 shot-on-VHS horror film Boarding House a.k.a Housegeist (get it?) is rife for the riffing. It’s that perfect storm of a writer, director and star seemingly unaware of his own shortcomings in each of those disciplines.

In all fairness the film does contain some genuinely great visuals here and there but it feels more by luck than judgement. The only version on YouTube is a two and a half hour ‘Directors Cut’ which I have never seen but I guarantee that’ll be TOO LONG. But the 98min cut is a good laugh, if you can find it.

3 Likes

I always though Blood Hook would be a poetic movie to riff since Jim Mallon had a hand in making it. Also it’s a bottom tier Troma movie. Lloyd Kaufman would probably give the movie rights for a song.

1 Like

Didn’t Kevin Murphy work on that, too?

1 Like

As much as a key grip gets involved in making a movie.

2 Likes

I wonder if they paid him in fish? :wink:

1 Like

This, and more Gumby shorts, please!

3 Likes

Then a crossover skit in which the two G.H. women drink a magic potion and go live in Gumby-land as Gumbies because it’s better than having to make love to Dr. Phil.

2 Likes

Nice! I love Richard Crenna.

Oh…but I hate Greydon Clark!

Wait a minute, I’ve seen that one, The Uninvited! Rifftrax did that one! One of the small handful of movies riffed with George Kennedy in it!

I don’t remember Crenna in that one at all. Time to rewatch! (It is a bad movie, though! Very 1980s, in the bad way).

And, no, it is not the same movie Uninvited that spawned the classic tune “Stella By Starlight,” which was a pretty good flick.

3 Likes

I think this one would be just about perfect for MST. A just plain weird Alien rip-off with one of the most ridiculous plot twists/tone shifts I’ve seen in quite some time:

5 Likes

Sounds a bit like this one, except here they spent most of their meager budget on Adam West, so there was none left over for a monster. Oh, and if you watch the trailer on YT it’s pretty much all of the action in the movie proper. I sat through it anyway. I’m a Gen X-er and it’s A.W., so I was morally obligated to do so. The actors do what they can with the threadbare scenery and plot. It doesn’t help that the main antagonist’s hairstyle is so dated that he looks to be almost the same age as A.W. to modern eyes, though he’s supposed to be much younger (I think). There’s a super-cheap version of a holodeck which is maybe a sexual metaphor of some kind, since it’s supposed to grant your heart’s desire or something…? There’s a Lords Of The Deep vibe to all this, despite it being space and not water.

5 Likes