Movies that Need to be Riffed by the MST3K Gang

Iron Warrior is a must imo.

2 Likes

Some Star-Studded Sixties Turkeys:

1 Like

Poor Timothy Dalton…

1 Like

The Tom Hanks made for TV “D&D” movie Mazes and Monsters will receive a new blu-ray release (in the UK) this year…

:eyes::eyes::eyes:”, as people using mobile devices would say.

3 Likes

Every time I see the 1955 Marquee in Back to the Future showing “The Atomic Kid” I keep thinking that it’s got MST3K written all over it.

This is the IMDB description:
A uranium prospector is eating a peanut butter sandwich in the desert where atom bomb tests are being done. He becomes radioactive, and helps the FBI break up an enemy spy ring.

4 Likes

OH yes! I remember watching that movie when it aired. It was an anti-D&D movie, making D&D look like it would corrupt people and make them crazy. That train of thought back then was just put into the latest season of Stranger Things. D&D has been in my life for 45 years, since it started in the 70’s, and i’m doing just fine :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hillbillys in a Haunted House - Wikipedia

Watching Hillbillys in a Haunted House on Tubi right now. This is just begging for Jonah and friends to riff on.

The best part of the film IMHO is actress Joi Lansing (1929-1972). She was an actress as well as a pinup girl. She posed in bikinis…but never nude due to her Mormon upbringing. Speaking of bikinis, what I remember Joi most for is her uncredited appearance in the 1949 Tex Avery cartoon “The House of Tomorrow”; we see her as a bikini girl on a television set for the tired businessman.

HOUSE OF TOMORROW (6)

3 Likes

It is mandatory that I mention that Rifftrax has already taken a stab at this one. (Also available on Tubi!)

5 Likes

It has an oddly Hanna Barbera vibe to it.

3 Likes

I’ve seen that one once. I remember it being all right but not spectacular. Still plenty of material left in there for MST3K to mine, if they feel like it.

1 Like

Have there ever riffed a fully animated film?

2 Likes

And to add a bit of MST related trivia, she was once married to Lance Fuller, better known to MST fans as Brack from This Island Earth or Dr. Ted Erickson from The She-Creature.

3 Likes

Death Bed: The Movie That Eats

1 Like

Ah, featuring THE TEXAS CAR?

1 Like

I’ve seen Santa Jaws. Wow.

1 Like

Yeah.

Now go watch Roboshark and tell me that’s not even worse.

2 Likes

A children’s movie which features the talents of two of cinema’s most unique actor/writer/directors, Ray Dennis Steckler and Coleman Francis, practically demands to be riffed.

2 Likes

Just found out about it through Twitter. The term “romcom” seems to be doing quite a bit of heavy lifting here…

1 Like

Already looks twice as funny as most 1970s D-sn-y live action.

I hope they used the same lemon grove that The Incredible Melting Man made famous to cinema buffs everywhere.

2 Likes

I’d love the weird inception of working on a riff of Happytime Murders.

2 Likes