Movies you believe need to be riffed?

I’ll start: the Christmas Martian, (makes Santa Claus Conquers the Martians look like Shakespeare), available on Amazon prime last I looked

7 Likes

Here’s a great big running list!

7 Likes

Journey to the Seventh Planet- a 1960’s Danish-American sci-fi. (OK, it’s not a Russo-Finnish epic, but still…) Made on a $75K budget - worth every penny - and stars John Agar.

8 Likes

“The killing of satan” (1983)

I think this clip says it all. Watch it until the end and you’ll see what I mean.

11 Likes

It’s not considered a classic cheesy movie anymore and it’s one of my favorites but I’d really like to see a riff of The Man Who Fell to Earth.

4 Likes

Just watched The Green Knight and wow was it a disappointment. Pacing was like molasses and they hit the surrealism very hard.

7 Likes

Saw it. It could use the riffing.

2 Likes

I have that in my watch list. PLEASE DON’T SUGGEST RIFFING DAVID BOWIE!

4 Likes

Ghost in the Invisible Bikini. Pretty much any Corman flick with the young Jack Nicholson. Rifftrax did the Raven. Honestly that movie could be riffed by anyone. My cats did a pretty good job at it. Almost any Vincent Price movie. The sequel to the Abominable Dr. Phibes should be stored in a cheese factory. F.A.P.S. was made for this movie. Also Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot was too. Poor Crow watched that too. Sheesh, my movie watch list is mostly b-movies.

4 Likes

Right after I suggested it I hated the proposition.

2 Likes

I saw that as part of a local university’s film series, and I was legit creeped out (and I love David Bowie).

3 Likes

One movie I recently remembered even existed was “My Stepmother is an Alien.” It’s got Dan Aykroyd, Kim Basinger, and a young Alyson Hannigan. I think it would work really well as a Mac and Me type riff. All I remember is that she drinks a battery in it.

7 Likes

YES. I still think of the way “Pump Up The Volume” was used with that s*x scene. Cheesetastic!

4 Likes

Chosen Survivors (74)

1 Like

I’ve not seen it, but given the title, the theme, and the participation of both Ross Hagen and Gus Trikonis, I believe this should be done. Though like Sidehackers, pre-watch to ensure nothing nasty lurks within.

5 Likes

Everything about this looks awesome and begs for the RiffTrax treatment. Premise? Check. Title? Check. Poster? Check. 1975? Check. Ross Hagen? Check.

And at first glance, the guy facing right in the tiny poster looks kinda like Burt Reynolds, which would add an epic check.

5 Likes

Agreed, it’s much more in the Rifftrax wheelhouse than MST3K. I don’t think Joel would even allow the title to be said aloud on the show. :blush:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Dragonball Evolution would be my top choice!

3 Likes

I have to confess… I’m not recommending this movie for riffing, but it just kinda happened! I was trying to show my wife 2001: A Space Odyssey (because it’s iconic sci-fi, and it ties into MST3K with the Dr. Forrester starbaby) and there’s just so much empty space – we ended up heckling it mercilessly.

My wife offered a good one when the mission arrived at Jupiter, stating she was waiting for the monolith (accompanied by the droning of a hundred voice) to flip over to reveal this was a THX sound test. She’s come a long way. I’m so proud. :smiley:

:black_large_square:

7 Likes