Movies you believe need to be riffed?

Now I feel bad because I don’t like RHPS. It’s an idea which always sounded great on paper but something about the songs drives me buggy. :confused:

4 Likes

I feel you here. I do like RHPS, but I could do without “The Time Warp” and a few others; I mainly dig the slower melancholy stuff, particularly “Science Fiction Double Feature” and “I’m Going Home.”

6 Likes

I never had so much fun riffing and laughing at an unintentionally funny drama without Rifftrax. Caught it on The Roku Channel months ago. I was prepared for dated 80s schlock but this had me in stitches! Even Rick Springfield has admitted this movie was awful.

4 Likes

Gotta say some of the latest Fast and Furious films as deserving of a good riffing. F9 definitely one that should be for sure imo.

1 Like

How about this one… A movie starring Nobel Prize winning songwriter Bob Dylan… And in the movie his character makes a joke about someday winning a Nobel Prize… It’s enough to make your brain say “Excuse me, I’ll be right back…” and shut down for its own safety.

1 Like

I finally watched Rebel with a Cause during lockdown and thought it was the most awful cheesiest thing. I just kept hearing all the riffs that would have made it worth watching.

I seriously wish they’d riff a well known movie sometime. I assume the rights would be too pricy.

1 Like

This bizarre-sounding Celine Dion biopic that isn’t a Celine Dion biopic, where the 57-year-old director and star plays…wait for it…Aline Dieu from toddlerhood onward.

I will now attempt to think of something I would like to see less than that.

This will take some time.

3 Likes

It won’t be as good as the book.

Three movies that I’ve always believed should be riffed are the Incredible Hulk reunion movies from the late 80s/early 90s. “The Incredible Hulk Returns”, “The Trial of the Incredible Hulk”, and “The Death of the Incredible Hulk”. They’ve got these goofy early versions of Thor and Daredevil, and just take themselves way too seriously. Maybe they’re better fits for Rifftrax than MST though.

3 Likes

It’s probably too violent, but all the same I’d love to see them riff Piñata: Survival Island a/k/a Demon Island from 2002, starring Nicholas Brendon and Jaime Pressly. Yes, it is in fact a movie about an evil killer piñata. It also has a monster played by a person in a rubber suit with really, really bad CGI graphics painted over it… badly. And one of the actresses does the most over the top screaming throughout the movie, so much that it makes Shelley Duvall in The Shining look understated.

1 Like

Tiffin

Lifeforce

1 Like

Please someone do the Christmas shoes movie

The Warlock and Chopping Mall.

“Confessions of an Opium Eater” aka “Souls for Sale”

Vincent Price stars in an early 60s thriller about an opium addict trying to solve a mystery in Chinatown San Francisco.

It’s not the worst movie, but it seems ripe for riffing. There’s an extended drug trip midway through featuring an exploding parrot and if that string of words didn’t sell you on it, I’m not sure there’s much more I can say.

1 Like

Food of the Gods. Bert I Gordon takes on the HG Wells story in 70s glory.

3 Likes

I’ve got a DeForest Kelly one coming up in a later reply, assuming someone hasn’t already got it listed here. Standby for it!

1 Like

YES! Night of the Lepus really does need to be done! DeForest Kelly is in it as an added bonus: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069005/

I was going to bring it up and glad you brought it up here. Some other real “winners” on your list too.

4 Likes

It’s really the use of real rabbits filmed with miniature houses and cars that makes that film the special work that it is.

2 Likes

I’d watch those with or without riffs. Gen-X forever, Baby!

I saw a YouTube commentary just a week or so ago which asserted that “Trial” ended up anticipating quite a few things which made it into the modern-day Daredevil series. That was interesting.

1 Like