Movies you believe need to be riffed?

:confounded: Surprised the poster’s catchphrase isn’t “The best of all possible movies.” :worried:

1 Like

Watch this short trailer (sans horrendous dialogue) and tell me The Dungeon of Harrow isn’t tailor-made for MST3K.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1sMhMaPL9SY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2 Likes

Uhm… you left your iframe unzipped…?

wh00pz

1 Like

My apologies, but my view shows it all. In any event, here’s the link to the trailer, and the link to the entire film, which appears to be in the public domain.

CLIP - The Dungeon of Harrow Official Trailer - YouTube

FULL FILM - The Dungeon of Harrow (1962) Horror Full Length Movie - YouTube

1 Like

For me it is Wolfman from 1979, produced by and starring Earl Owensby. It’s so… oooh I don’t even want to tell you what to look for, because you’ll see it and you’ll love it. This is THE movie I pull out whenever anyone wants to watch a bad movie that hasn’t been on MST3K. A quick search on YouTube yields only dubbed versions, but it gets included in a lot of cheapo DVD compilations.

He also produced Tales of the Third Dimension, which is an anthology movie with two kinda boring whatev stories and then THE BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE of all time. You can seek out the full film if you want, but really all you want is this:

1 Like

3 Likes

The title alone looks ripe for MST3K.

1 Like

Not a movie, but…

5 Likes

It is glorious.

6 Likes

Thank you for letting me know about this. I bought it immediately.

4 Likes

This hasn’t been made yet, but from the description of it, it needs to be riffed.

2 Likes

If they ever start riffing film strips, this would be a great starting point

The fella that posted about this is looking for a Latina performer to help out in a live performance of IT’S A FILMSTRIP CHARLIE BROWN at San Diego Comic Con.

1 Like

Considering that they far predated VHS cassettes and players, much less DVDs, projected monitors, and personal computers, do younger people (much less kids in school) today even know what a filmstrip is?

Or maybe that should be ”was…”

2 Likes

Based entirely off the title and trailer … thanks, @Chris_Gersbeck!

4 Likes

I’m probably in the minority, but I rarely see a movie and think “MST should really riff this movie”. No matter how bad the movie is, or how much it would fit into the MST oeuvre.

To me, it just seems like I’d be setting myself up for 90-ish minutes of “I would have made this riff” and “they missed this opportunity”.

2 Likes

I always have 2 I know MST can’t do (but I’ve often thought of doing my own bootleg riffing!)

1. Liquid Sky (way too adult for MST, 80s punk alien flick)
  2. Incubus (William Shatner + Esperanto! ripping off The Seventh Seal)
5 Likes

Oh yeah, this looks like material ripe for a MST3K treatment.

2 Likes

Recently stumbled upon Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland from 1972. It has Peter Sellers as the March Hare. The costumes alone were some else. My kid and I were just laughing and enjoying the craziness of this version.

8 Likes

Child of Peach would be a laugh, as it’s absolutely nuts.

2 Likes

Wild Wild Planet is mentioned elsewhere on the boards but it ran on TCM recently and damn, why does this have to be tied up with WB / MGM.

Late 1960s Italian thriller with gorgeous alien kidnappers, retro-futuristic space sets, a mixed bag of practical effects, a lot of silent spots & interesting dubbing decisions, and creepy body horror. It’s so fit for riffing!

4 Likes