MST episodes for Halloween Not Including Manos

Since Halloween is three weeks away, what episode would be your favorite that is not Manos (the ultimate horror in more ways than one)?

Zombie Nightmare would be my top choice. Thoughts?

15 Likes

That’s a good one for sure. For my pick, I will go with Revenge of the Creature since The Creature is part of the Universal’s classic monster lineup.

11 Likes

I’m thinking this season, I’ll go with The Crawling Hand Why? Well…

It’s got:

• Unlikable, squint-eyed, slightly greasy attempted Method actor
  • Alan Hale, Jr.
  • That vintage jukebox
  • Heroic junkyard cats

(Plus, Our Heroes Shatner-ing all over the place in one of the sketches.)

In short, everything which makes the art of cinema so meaningful. :wink:

13 Likes

The Screaming Skull for me. Creepy in a number of ways, a big old lonely house, a ghost, and the use of Berlioz’s Dreams of a Witches Sabbath in the soundtrack. Perfect Halloween fare!

21 Likes

I tend to zero in on Werewolf, or for the dark Crow segments, Fire Maidens.

16 Likes

Good choice. Thought about that one myself as I do like that episode quite a bit.

4 Likes

One of the Bela Lugosi movies because even when he isn’t Dracula, he’s Dracula.

10 Likes

And if you wander over to Rifftrax for Halloween, may I suggest City Of The Dead?

8 Likes

Thinking 812 The Incredibly Strange Creatures . . . . would be high up on the list for me.

8 Likes

Touch of Satan, because I have always been horrified by fish houses.

17 Likes

The Incredible Melting Man is usually my Halloween episode.

7 Likes

Also The Creeping Terror.
CT ! !

10 Likes

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed-Up Zombies

That’s some bloodcurdling fear, right there. Well, maybe not exactly bloodcurdling. Okay and not fear, exactly. But it’s got Ortega. He’s kind of scary. Or he would be if didn’t just look like a guy in a rubber mask. And there’s a sideshow. Sideshows are scary. Or, well, they were. Or would be if there was a woman with a giant hypnodisk hypnotizing people. Okay, maybe it’s not that scary, but neither is your average jack o’lantern, so there. Also, there’s modern dance. That can be REALLY scary.

13 Likes

Squirm! It’s hot in the south during October and everything looks dead all the time there anyways

8 Likes

That’s a good one, too.

2 Likes

I feel like Boggy Creek 2 is also a good October pick. It starts to feel ghost-story-ee around the time they are trapped up at Crenshaw’s but the whole ‘lets go into the woods for something dumb and dangerous’ fits right in with Halloween. Bonus points if you can guess what type of meat Crenshaw probably smells like!

And I know that they already re-riffed it (and clearly hated it), but I still endorse Blood Waters of Dr Z (which deserves a mention). Also set in the South.

Honestly, any movie set below the Mason Dixon Line is gonna be scary.

Hi, my name is James and I have a lot of things to say about the Bible Belt <_<

7 Likes

A good choice as well and one of my favorite MST3K episodes as well.

3 Likes

At first I was going to guess scrapple, but honestly that’s too savory and tempting (until you know what goes into it). So my guess is pickled pigs feet.

4 Likes

Hákarl

5 Likes

It may sound weird but, The Final Sacrifice for me. The scenery in the movie makes me think they filmed it in the fall. Fall makes me think Halloween.

10 Likes