MST-opoly

YOUR QUESTION:
If you were to pick locations for a MST3K Monopoly, What would you pick for Park Place and Boardwalk?

NAME TO CREDIT:
Editor

HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT:
:face_with_diagonal_mouth: as it looks…

4 Likes

Valley Lodge and Coleman Francis Mountain

6 Likes

You are ordered to directly leave the Bronx. Do not pass Movie Sign. Do not collect 200 ram chips.

9 Likes

And what about the community chest cards?

2 Likes

I’m always a little amused when people don’t actually give a pronunciation of their names, thinking it must be obvious. But you could say this eh-DYE-tor, for example. (Presumably the idea is so they don’t have to stop and think at all when reading out the question. Even seemingly obvious words aren’t always so obvious in that context.)

1 Like

Personally for CC/Chance cards I would look to use Invention Exchange & Gizmonics Cards.

I’ve just Editor for quite a bit, and even if mispronounced, It’s nothing I would lose sleep over. What does still amuses me is that there are still people from a particular form who know me as Tori. The only reason why is they started shortening it to Ed, and I complained as Ed is my brother-in-law, so some how (Editor - Ed = Itor, move the I, = Tori)

For the record Ed-eh-tor is what I would use. Or Ed-It-Tor for deep hurting.

2 Likes

not “auditor”?

1 Like

I like this. Ram Chips for you.

1 Like

Boardwalk = SOL
At least one community chest card: “You’ve found a box of Hamdingers! Move forward two spaces.”

3 Likes

For the railroads, there are two options that jump right out at me.

1. A space for each of the four Russo-Finnish movies, The Day the Earth Froze, The Magic Voyage of Sinbad, The Sword and the Dragon, and Jack Frost.

2. If you really want to make it a celebration of all things MST3K, how about a space for each of the hosts, for Joel, Mike, Jonah, and Emily?

2 Likes

But… where do our Union Pacific, Rebel Set, and Lovers Lane references go in this version? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

My thoughts in general (Damn you Polymer for putting me on this mindtrip…) were to avoid “movies” but go for “locals from movies/riffs”. In the case of railroads my thought was to use “transports” eg: Umbilicus, Hamdinger Escape Pod, BrainGuy Transport Pearl’s van…

3 Likes

Oooh… good call, that!

1 Like

Jonah’s BackJack or maybe the Deep Hurting spacecraft?

1 Like

absolutely plausible.

1 Like

See, I would make the hosts the player tokens. Jonah is obviously the thimble.

1 Like

I was thinking of the Bots as tokens, with ones for Crow, Servo, GPC, Cambot, Growler, and M. Waverly.

Hosts could work well, too!

3 Likes

Replace all the railroads with this:
tumblr_ndos3aGi8U1rsmoz5o1_400.gif

7 Likes

Who are we kidding. The Monopoly monopoly will just slap a picture of Emily on the box and charge us $20 more for an unchanged game inside. What we need is a secret, underground, unauthorized game that we make up ourselves and play in church basements. And when the crowd gets too large for a single board to accommodate, sell mimeographed copies of it in freezer bags people write to us for after seeing our ad in a xeroxed fanzine.

2 Likes

I’d like a little silver Widowmaker for my playing piece, thanks. Also a little silver Demon Dog. No, check that, a little silver Nanite.

…

I mean, I guess why not both?

5 Likes