MST-opoly

To play monopoly with a MST3K theme.
Not everything needs to be overanalyzed my friend.

1 Like

But it’s not a show! I can’t relax!

2 Likes

This. This is very good, and right and just and good.

5 Likes

It’s ok Buddy, if’s for a show.

While It was not a plan, but more out of boredom during a long meeting today, I started actually plotting out a board.

Mostly what I want on it, with some parts from ideas thrown about in this thread. If I plot out the last 3 property groups before the start of the presentation tomorrow, I’ll try to share it.

1 Like

Is this love? No. You’ve got movie sign!

I’d love to include shorts, but I think there’s so much material, they’d need their own board.

1 Like

Here you go, feel free to comment on what you like or where I f’ed it up.
Thanks everyone for participating.

14 Likes

I want to build a hotel on Krankor.

5 Likes

This is brilliant.

Being told if you’re not doing a licensed board, you don’t need those trademarked corner squares.

Also Hasbro is not fun about customizing their game. Grrr

1 Like

Of course, as you may have heard, they didn’t invent the game, and they lopped off the second round. The first round (the game more or less as we know it) was designed to demonstrate how miserable the existing system makes everyone and how unfair it seems, in contrast to the second round, where there’s still a winner but everyone prospers together as the economy grows.

So… There’s room to tinker with the game, and the earliest version is public domain.

2 Likes

Having watched the Q&A… Castle Forrester would be Boardwalk, and Park Place would probably be Moon Zero Two. I would also say the lowest value properties would be Deep 13 and The Master’s Home (because both are low in value when you think about it.) Also, I think Gamera would be a railroad.

1 Like

5 Likes

YOU SEND THAT THING BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU FOUND IT!

1 Like

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

12 Likes

Just saw this, Unfortunately was in transit to Vancouver Island during the livestream and look forward to watching when I get home in a couple days.

1 Like

this was written 90% from memory

The railroads would be Union Pacific (or alternatively, Union Acific), Night Train to Mundo Fine, the Pleasant Journey Express, and the Cosmic Freight Train.

Properties from least to most expensive. I originally wanted to make that relevant but eventually just threw in everything I could think of. This is really random but enough ideas might be pieced together throughout it to do something real.

Deep Purple: One Of The More Familiar Hollywood Caves a.k.a. Bubble Machine Cave, Homey Ruins
or
Eegah’s Cave, Dead Giant Swimming Pool
or
Big Rock Climbin’ Mountin, Monkey Boy Memorial
or
Stream of the Waters of Forgetfulness, Pleasure Chambers of the Evil Queen, Ithaca or Wherever

Light Blue: Make Out Highway, Valley Lodge, Sacrifice Hill
or
EAT, Lax Security Jail, The Haunted House
or
Air Slave Slums, the She Zone a.k.a. Central Park, Evil Power Station
or
Raccoon House, Bigfoot’s Hangout, Tiger Cave

Orange: J.C.'s Slag Pit, Sidehacking Track, Rommel’s Garage
or
Fortune Teller Shop of the Carnival of the Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies, Stage Show of the Carnival of the Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies, Back Room of the Carnival of the Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies
or
Cherokee Jack’s Plane Rental, Bay of Pigs Tryouts, Cuba
or
Ward E, Planet Terra

Red: Disused Movie Studio, Reputation Road, Club Scum
or
Crashed Spaceship, Make Out Point For Lonely Cars & Monsters, Party Gym
or
Godo’s Shack, Tarkus Brain Lab Four, UECOM
or
Ewok Village, Archimedes’s Cave, Europe

Yellow: Toxic Waste Dump Point, Party Beach, Sodium Dispensary
or
Forklift Warehouse, the Bacchus-III, Valna Star
or
Tibby’s Memorial, Military Disaster Response and Daycare, Z-Plan

Green: Catalina Beach, Honor System Museum, Lakopolis Marina
or
The Secret Government Eggo Project, Exeter and Brak’s B&B and Interocter Sales & Repair, Planet Metaluma (very low rent there due to planet’s destruction)
or
Unassuming Shoeshine Stand, The Hitler Museum, Planet Krankor
or
Ninja Van, Breakaway Glass Bar, Henry’s Cage

Dark Blue: Where The Fish Lives, Satan’s Walnut Farm
or
Kohki’s Cave, Kalevala
or
Summerfest, Hospital Attic/Soultaker Offices

4 Likes

I would go with the two “best” movies on MST3K for Boardwalk and Park Place. Probably Marooned (Oscar-nominee) and Revenge of the Creature (part of a storied horror franchise).

The SOL and Pearl’s Widowmaker would definitely need to be game pieces.

1 Like

Since clearly Clue is the better game, my proposal is for a Clue ripoff. And the obvious choice for this murder mystery game’s name is Murder Mystery Science Theater 3000. What’s in MMST3K?

SUSPECTS

This is a fairly simple list, the hardest part is there are only 6 suspects, so it’s hard to include everyone I want to include.

1. Joel
  2. Mike
  3. Jonah
  4. Emily
  5. Servo
  6. Crow

or alternately, an all villains suspect list:

1. Clayton
  2. Frank
  3. Pearl
  4. Kinga
  5. Max
  6. Bobo and Brain guy (they work as a team)

ROOMS

Rooms are the hardest because there are 9 Clue rooms, but there aren’t 9 locations in the same place, certainly not on the SOL (unless you count the rooms in the hallway from the Netflix era which I do not). So my rule for rooms is: at least one of the hosts has to have been in that location at some point.

1. The SOL bridge
  2. The theater
  3. Outer space
  4. Deep 13
  5. Castle Forrester
  6. A box of hamdingers
  7. A sylvan glen
  8. A hot fish shop
  9. undecided: Jonah’s backjack or the Deep Hurting shuttle

WEAPONS

My favorite list because there are so many options. All my weapons are invention exchanges. There are six weapons in Clue MMST3K:

1. Gutterbumbershoot
  2. Mech hands
  3. The baby seat lawnmower
  4. Disco cannon
  5. Incredibly stinky sweatsocks
  6. Mike’s Red Hot BBQ Sauce

Personally, I suspect Servo in the hot fish shop with the gutterbumbershoot.

6 Likes

A: I would just call it “Murder Science Theater 3000” (drop the mystery)
2: It breaks the “all invention exchange” theme, but a weapon absolutely has to be a forklift.
Cheese: I guess I could just buy your version and customize it.

To the Zazzle store!!!

6 Likes

TV’s Frank. With the button. Where the fish lives.

8 Likes