MST3K Cosplay question

Imagine with me if you will, a giant MSTie event where we all gather from all over for a fun filled day of stuff. Everyone is encouraged to dress up. If time, resources and money were no object, who or what are you coming as?

I would have to go with Jan in the pan:

10 Likes

Hmmm that’s a good one. First reaction: I would just drive up in a Volkswagon Beatle covered in shag rugs.

12 Likes

How about a jumpsuit with all the colors that have been used by the hosts? Call it a jigsaw jumpsuit.

5 Likes

It depends…
Solo, I’d definitely go as Command Cody, which I’ve already done a couple of times, but it’d be nicer to have a more accurate costume, with a couple of CO2 canisters in the backpack that I could set off.
cody_fight_500

As a couple’s costume… I’d probably go as Drunk Jack Perkins opposite my wife’s Mr. B Natural.
drunk_perkins_500

But if we’re talking a no expense-spared reproduction of any costume for a MST3K episode, no matter how stupid or impractical… probably a painstakingly accurate recreation of the stupid carrot monster from It Conquered the World, complete with a little styrofoam “bat” that I could crap out and then fly around the room like a quadcopter.

ICTW

10 Likes

The Bowler Hat Guy who shows up at the end of The Deadly Bees!

7 Likes

Love it!

@ArtCrow , I’ll have to go look that one up now!

3 Likes

Awesome! (note, my reply was originally in all caps, but I got a response asking me if this was a complete sentence. Being it was in question form and not just a statement, I clicked ‘ok’, but still was denied to post. I hope this has been a sufficient response, please visually picture “awesome” in all caps. Thank you.)

3 Likes

Dr Forrester. As much as I respect the moustache, it is just SO hard to find a labcoat in the right shade of green…!

5 Likes

Given that sometimes I don’t shave and wear glasses, I’d go as Jonah. I’m not that tall, though. Maybe I need stilts…

5 Likes

I’m already in the planning stage of my Torgo costume. Probably go with that. If it’s not ready yet, then I’d just find some coveralls and slap some patches on it.

5 Likes

If money were no object, I’d go as Thena from Quest of the Delta Knights and hire a midget to hide under my dress and push up for maximum accuracy

5 Likes

Well I have actually built up quite the catalog of MSTie costumes… I most frequently wear my Dr. Forrester costume (along with puppet Frank), but I also have Joel and Mike jumpsuits, I made a mediocre Bobo costume for a parade. Tangentially MST3K related I have also made a Ro-Man costume from Robot Monster.

6 Likes

Is that your Frank puppet as your photo? He’s so cute!

3 Likes

I think I’d go for the Deadly Mantis. I like the movie, and it’d be fun to be a giant bug.

3 Likes

Pearl, of course!

(I hope my glasses wouldn’t completely ruin the effect.)

3 Likes

You just need a pair of these frames

these are pretty close…

2 Likes

But would they fit over the ones I’ve already gotta’ wear… :thinking:

2 Likes

Well I was assuming you’d get your own lenses put in :grin: :nerd_face:

3 Likes

What price world domination? (Yeah, I was thinking more about being Mad Scientist Pearl.)

2 Likes

Yep! I made him to accompany my Dr. Forrester costume.

4 Likes