MST3K Double Features

I’m watching Deathstalker and thinking that The Quest of the Delta Knights would make a nice accompanying piece (being all faux-medieval and stuff).

Some episodes are natural pairs (like Master Ninja I and II), but what other pairs of episodes go well together? And why?

Mac & Me & Munchie??

9 Likes

The Day The Earth Froze and Jack Frost, not just for the Russo-Finnish connection but because of the snowy themes and the strong fairy-tale aspects.

11 Likes

Obvious one is Giant Gila Monster and Killer Shrews since Ray Kellogg worked on both of them.

Here’s a double feature with a chaser for you: I Accuse My Parents and The Violent Years, with the short What About Juvenile Delinquency? snuck in (since I feel The Violent Years is if the other two got together and had a daughter.)

10 Likes

Ooh, it’s mystery science moral theater!

5 Likes

I would have gone with “Morality Science Theater” myself, but that works too.

Another two to connect: Gunslinger and Last of the Wild Horses for a western comparison. Beast of Hollow Mountain doesn’t fit because of the giant monster in it compared to these two normal westerns.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s much better.

I think The Black Scorpion would be a good pair with The Beast of Hollow Mountain.

6 Likes

I frequently watch the Rocky Jones episodes together

There’s also the Italian spy movies that pair nicely with each other Danger! Death Ray + Operation Kid Brother

8 Likes

The Last Chase and The Starfighters. Plane-based tedium at its finest! [salutes]

7 Likes

Caped Crusaders: Puma Man and Doctor Mordrid

8 Likes

We Went To The Tropics But Our Love Life SUCKS!!

Attack Of The Giant Leeches

and

The Leech Woman, of course!

(No please not the Clown Hammer I had a terrible childhooood!!!)

8 Likes

These are fantastic! If only I had more hours in the day!

7 Likes

City Limits and Warrior Of The Lost World together show that motorcycles can turn any post-apocalypse ride into a fun road trip!

11 Likes

Yep. Those movies were specifically produced at the same time and made to play in double feature venues. I’m pretty sure there were other MST films that played in double features with each other. Off the top of my head, both It Conquered the World and The She-Creature were in a double bill together.

12 Likes

I think the Hired saga would make a good double feature, and only partly because of the short. You start with Bride of the Monster and go into Manos, almost saying “you think that was bad?” as you move from a bad film made by someone who at least had a general idea what he was doing to… Manos.

10 Likes

I think I Accuse My Parents and High School Big Shot make a better pair.

8 Likes

Part of the fun is that one movie could pair with many others, depending on your interests.

Deathstalker also pairs well with Outlaw (smarmy blond heroes, questionable monarchies), but that pairing truly depends on your “Cabot!” tolerance.

6 Likes

Maybe the Gizmoplex needs a random double feature-inator!

8 Likes

Well whatever you choose for a double feature, I suggest making it a Science Fiction Double Feature.

8 Likes

Perhaps a bit too obvious, but Cave Dwellers and Ator, the Fighting Eagle would be a fun pairing to watch.

9 Likes

Alien Fugitive I and II. Aka The Forklift Saga. Although that much Sandy Frank at one sitting might cause too much DEEP HURTING.

6 Likes