MST3K Dreams?

Wow!

2 Likes

I was going to start a similar thread if there wasn’t already one in play, but anyway…

Yeah, last night, I had a dream that I had a pavilion set up in a public space where I would try to tell people about the premise of MST3K in order to get them to try the show.

Which, honestly, sounds like something I would actually do.

6 Likes

I have had so many dreams about MST3K over the years. I’ve even had dreams, during The Long Darkness, about the show being revived. One of the ways my subconscious revived the show was as something more like SNL, where it was clear that the SOL set was a stage with a loud live audience and the host would directly react to them.

The theme song was also radically different, mostly focused on introducing each bot individually rather than going into the show’s plot.

I had another wild dream once, MST3K crossed over with Supernatural? Demons were trying to make a deal with Kinga, and they had a certain disdain for her because she had a moon base and all of the tools of world domination at her disposal, but she squandered it with her silly little movie experiment.

(Now that I think of it, maybe that one came to me because I made the connection that Felicia made appearances on Supernatural for a few seasons…)

6 Likes

Sounds like a prophecy dream needing to happen.

3 Likes

Oh, indeed. Vital work ain’t gonna do itself, now.

3 Likes

My brain is convinced there’s a secret bonus season of previously unseen Jonah episodes. I dream I’ve discovered them and am watching them every couple of weeks.

6 Likes

Occasionally I have dreams where I co-star in the sitcom “Steffi the Babysitter.” :scream_cat: Most of my dreams, though, in the TV genre involve John Cleese, which is an honorable option.

7 Likes

Wait… how about John Cleese as the nosy neighbor in that sitcom?

Also, welcome to the forums!

7 Likes

My wacky sitcom features Johnny Longbow. He teaches faithfully at that stuffy ol’ university by day, but by night he has his own public access cooking show. He dreams of moving to NY or LA and hitting it big on one of them major food channels.

I mean, I didn’t literally dream that, but if I did it’d be pretty neat. :stew:

6 Likes

I would watch the HELL out of that cooking show. Just sayin’.

3 Likes

I like that scenario!

3 Likes

Last Friday, after the Beyond Atlantis stream, I had a dream where Hampton, Baron and Jonah hosted a rogue “alternate Q&A” after the episode…that somehow also streamed on another part of the Gizmoplex??

All I remember was that Hampton was putting on a silly show saying “yeah, we’re being COOL! We’re gonna have our OWN recap show!”

…and then Matt and Conor showed up from the other Q&A, asked “hey guys what’cha doin’ there” and I forgot the rest of the dream. :joy:

6 Likes

I would 100% watch that stream. And it totally sounds like something that would happen!

4 Likes

Never, but I wish as most of my dreams are nightmares about work. An MST dream where the gang riff on work would be preferred.

3 Likes

“This job has been thoroughly Cormanized.” :+1:

I used to have a little vinyl decal of the silhouette that I’d stick on my desk, just to give me that exact illusion. One job actually made me take it down - not a coincidence that I lasted less than a year there. :unamused: cough dickweeds cough

10 Likes

Ha, and wouldn’t you know it, my first MST dream. In it, the Gizmoplex was an actual physical theater (though I don’t think I was on the moon). I was mostly wandering these massive halls, with all these theaters showing an MST ep, and there was the main, big theater, where they were showing Santo.

And I was wondering if I should ask the people next to me, who they were on the forum.

I spent most of my time in the big theater changing seats, I’d see a good one, closer to the center and towards the front, but when I sat in it, it wound up not being all the great, somehow, I was still far away and off to the side. No matter where I sat, that was the case.

8 Likes

One of the worst nightmares of my life was MST3K related. At the time I had it in December 2020, I had a high fever and was in the depths of Covid, so pretty much every dream was a nightmare. But this one took the cake.

None of the humans or bots were in it. No movies or experiments. Just the end credits and music. I can’t remember if it was the older love theme or newer one, but I think it was the Netflix style credits. The credits were rolling and the love theme was playing. Only it wasn’t the end credits for an episode of MST3K; it was the end credits for my LIFE. And somehow I knew when the end credits were over I would DIE. The credits kept going and I so did NOT want to die.

But thankfully I woke up. I was still pretty darn sick but I was alive! After a couple weeks I made a full recovery. I have MST3K to thank for helping me through it!

5 Likes

I just dreamt someone asked me if I minded that they were starting a “competing” organization offering the same services as my organization. I said something along the lines of, the more the merrier and I see us as friendly rivals at most. So they proclaimed, “Great! It’s like you’re Rifftrax and we’re MST3K!” To which I replied indignantly, “No, we’re the original! You’re the Rifftrax!”

Later in the dream I started thinking, maybe they’re right. We’ve stayed pretty stable while other organizations have had to dissolve and reform, so maybe we are the Rifftrax. Luckily, Mike Nelson was there to counsel but i forgot what he said.

6 Likes

Last night I had a dream where it was some point in the not too distant future, and the Alternaversal crew unveiled new episode plans….

The announcement came in the form of a dull grey fundraiser page with a plain ol’ donation form, for what was being called “The Final Four”. The title was clearly and unapologetically signposting that they were only interested in doing four more episodes and that was it, forever. I was obviously confused, disheartened and a little miffed that the wording throughout the page seemed to very heavily imply that even if the monetary goal was surpassed, there would be no stretch goals for more episodes, and any and all money raised using the uninspiring donation form would all be funnelled into these four last episodes.

It made no sense. They had just built the Gizmoplex with the idea that it would be a platform for showcasing future episodes, and now they were announcing that there would strictly only be four more, and that was it?? Dumbfounded, I headed over here to the forum to see what people were saying and whether there was a campaign afoot to encourage the making of more episodes beyond Alternaversal’s proposed four.

But the only responses here were resigned comments along the lines of “Ah, damn. That’s a shame.”

Anyway, it was a very annoying dream that in retrospect is so ridiculous I felt I had to share.

3 Likes

Last night, I dreamt that I was on… an airplane or something and I noticed that a high school choir was practicing the United Servo Academy Men’s Chorus song.

For some reason, now I want that to actually happen (minus the aircraft).

6 Likes