MST3K Info Club

Did anyone here every write in to the old PO Box? And if so we’re your letters ever featured on the show?

11 Likes

Yeah I’d be really surprised if a few or more folks aren’t part of this…
and if they aren’t well… time to send the crew out ta find 'em.

5 Likes

I never did, but I’ve been tempted to do it for a gag. I expect it’s just go into somebody’s recycle bin.

Maybe we’ll get a new PO box to write in to in PA?

3 Likes

I think during the Kickstarter they had mentioned possibly starting a new PO Box for folks to write in to

4 Likes

I asked around a while back but didn’t have luck finding anyone. Hopefully someone has joined since then and will see your post! I’d love to see more of the eBay auction items, too.

4 Likes

See also:

4 Likes

I believe @deanadolphin had a letter read once

6 Likes

I was always too intimidated to write in to the info club because I felt pressured to write something that they would think was funny and I couldn’t figure out the best way to make them laugh. So I never wrote in. Oh well.

4 Likes

Y’know I supose if anyone wanted the ultimate in mst3k fan custom license plates… :wink:

1 Like

Yes, go on…?

1 Like

I did, still have my old membership card… somewhere.

4 Likes

I wrote one letter

4 Likes

I kept my membership card for a long time, but I haven’t run across it in a few years now. I think it’s lost.

2 Likes

My membership card might be both lost and within arm’s reach of wear I’m sitting now. Sad really.

2 Likes

Didn’t get a letter read, but got a scarf used in an episode 6 years later.

6 Likes

I only wrote in during the Sci-Fi era, so there was no letter-reading on the air. I did get a response to some questions about Season 8 from the Info Club Poobah herself, Barb Tebben, and she was really nice about it all.

As for my membership card? I still have it safely tucked away in a copy of the Amazing Colossal Episode Guide.

7 Likes

Can’t remember if I still have the card, but I definitely still have a couple of the paper newsletters. Also my enamel pins of Crow, Servo, and future-GPC. (The latter went missing for years, and then I found her again. I was so happy I almost cried. Carefully pinned them all to a scarf for one of the live shows.)

4 Likes

THE NEWSLETTERS! :smiley:

I used to have them, but I’m not entirely sure where they disappeared to. But they were such fun reads. The merch catalogs, too.

So glad you found your missing future-GPC pin!

4 Likes

Pretty sure it doesn’t, but does the address still work?

Same. And yeah, Barb was very nice.

I don’t know where my card is, but I know my number. And I still have my Crow and Servo magnets, circa 1996, stuck to the refrigerator. Crow is currently holding up my ticket from the Cheesy Movie Circus tour, while Servo has a ticket from an Aimee Mann concert.

2 Likes