MST3K Karaoke Hour!

In honor of my personal favorite Invention Exchange, what public domain song would you like to step up on the Karaoke stage and entertain us with?

I’ll kick things off with my rendition of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. This will give you plenty of time to browse and choose!

6 Likes

I’ll grab my helmet and do a rousing rendition of “It’s a Long, Long Way to Tipperary.”

… To the sweetest girl I knooOooOow

5 Likes

3 Likes

I’ll do an encore by channeling my inner Digger Smolken and singing “The Hearse Song.” 🪱🪱🪱

3 Likes

“Froggy Went A’Courtin’” would be a sentimental fave and a good choice. Out of deference to the season, I might try to sneak in the slasher-movie-ish variations Pete Seeger was so fond of. (Not sure if he wrote them himself or just found them somewhere.)

5 Likes

1 Like

Who doesn’t want to rock out to the strains of “Sumer is icumen in”?

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m down for reprises of my State Fair performances of “Shout” and “Joy To The World” (Three Dog Night version). Long story. But fun songs to sing with a crowd.

Then again, why not? Let’s kick off with some BoRhap!!

bohemian rhapsody queen GIF

(Headbanging optional. But I’m gonna do it anyway.)

3 Likes

1 Like

And speaking of the Seegers…

:partying_face: :beach_umbrella: Certainly every MSTie should learn to sing along with this one:

2 Likes

Since Tom Lehrer has put all his songs in the public domain, I will regale you with my version of ‘Poisoning Pigeons in the Park’.

4 Likes

I’m painfully shy IRL so there’s no way I’ll be getting up on stage for some Kar-oke, so I’ll just stand by the bar and hum

This song
Is in
the pub-lic do-main
That’s why
We used
It twice

5 Likes

I’ll be there slaying it with the immortal Ba Ba Black Sheep and The Battle Hymn of the Republic. :metal:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I tried to stage dive, but nobody wanted to touch me. :ambulance:

I’m dead now. Don’t smoke. :hospital:

3 Likes

I’m not sure your message is quite “on brand”.

2 Likes

Story of my life, really.

3 Likes

I’m sure there is a public domain jam for that!

2 Likes