MST3K namechecked in 'Moonfall' Review!

You know your movie is bad when the reviews mention MST3K in the OPENING PARAGRAPH…great job, Roland Emmerich!

6 Likes

Was the writer was using “MST3K” as an insult? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh no, the author seems to get it… it was more of a “wait until the guys get hold of this” kinda thing.

If only Emmerich had been with Devlin in City Limits there’d be more to say on this. Frankly, I kinda wish they could go back in time and give Devlin the treatment he has earned since.

2 Likes

So not a call for a movie they hate to be destroyed?

1 Like

I mean, maybe Emmerich saw what Emily & the Bots did to his “Making Contact” and wanted more?

1 Like

I didn’t get the impression they hated the film, they just thought it was laughably bad. Apparently it is full of unintentional comedy, has a contuded story, lots of little plot rabbitholes, but is a competently made film. From my brief read of the review it seemed more like the author felt that being too harsh on the movie would be, well, mean. It reminds me of a parent describing their kid’s charming-but-disastrous attempt at a science project. Cut to Roland Emmerich desperately trying to figure out why corn starch and vinegar won’t make his volcano erupt.

BTW: finally figured out your online moniker… nice! I should change mine to Bantha Tracks.

2 Likes

Is it a “disaster epic” or an epic disaster?

1 Like

Do I have to have seen the previous film, Skyfall, to enjoy Moonfall?

2 Likes

Should have been the tagline for the film 2012.