MST3K/RiffTrax/Cinematic Titanic/Film Crew from your year of birth

Just a riff on the thread The Best from your Birth Year - what happened in your birth year that was Riff-related?
I’ve just been having a quick look, and both Mighty Jack and Girl in Gold Boots came out in 1968.
Edit - also these:
The Green Slime
The Hellcats
Diabolik

3 Likes

Other riffed titles from 1968 are The Astro-Zombies (RT), Danger on Tiki Island (CT), King of Kong Island (RT), Night of the Living Dead (RT), Planet of the Apes (RT), Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars (MST3K), Superargo and the Faceless Giants (RT), and War of the Insects (CT).

2 Likes

As for my own birth year of 1977 we have the following:

MST3K: Code Name Diamond Head, The Incredible Melting Man, The Legend of Dinosaurs, SST Death Flight

Rifftrax: Breaker! Breaker!, The Crater Lake Monster, Day of the Animals, Death Promise, The Guy from Harlem, Kingdom of the Spiders, Planet of Dinosaurs, Ruby, Snowbeast, Star Wars, Starship Invasion, Viva Kneivel

4 Likes

In my birth year, 1978, a little film called Starcrash was released. Also, Laserblast!
And, Avalanche!

5 Likes

Looks like '79 gave us Parts: The Clonus Horror, The Day Time Ended, and Killer Fish.

Plus the source of many pop culture references, Alien.

3 Likes

And thus you have hit the jackpot in the lottery of life.

2 Likes

I think the jackpot would go to the 1966 children of Manos: The Hands of Fate.

4 Likes

Premiering three days after I was born in 1963… The Skydivers. I swear it wasn’t my fault. Other premieres apparently include:

• The Atomic Brain
  • The Crawling Hand
  • The Slime People

The American premieres of:

• Samson vs. the Vampire Women
  • Reptilicus
  • Hercules and the Captive Women

And the Italian premiere of Colossus and the Headhunters.

Sharing my birth year are Kathy Ireland (Alien from L.A.) and Liza Greer (Angels Revenge).

3 Likes

Lots of RiffTrax shorts/relatively few RiffTrax features from my birth year, so I’m going with The Girl from Rio.

Now, if you’ll excuse me I need to go put on a size 15 hotel sports shirt and get a manicure.

2 Likes

1985: City Limits

3 Likes

Didn’t turn up anything for 1970, but Gamera vs. Jiger is on the way!

3 Likes

Track of the Moon Beast. Engh.

1 Like

A quick look on the MST wiki for 1975 and apparently, Giant Spider Invasion (of savings at Menard’s) premiered the day before my birthday! Also in that year, m-m-m-my my Mitchell and The Land that Time Forgot. Oh, and for Rifftrax, Jaws. :shark:

4 Likes

Movies that were riffed that came out in 1981:

Invaders from the Deep
Humanoid Woman
The Last Chase
Carnival Magic

2 Likes

Checking my database of riffed movies, 1958 has the most titles with 21, or 22 if you count the upcoming The Brain Eaters which The Mads Are Back plans to do next month. The others are as follows:

MST3K: The Crawling Eye, Daddy-O, Earth vs the Spider, Hercules, Night of the Blood Beast, The Robot vs the Aztec Mummy, The Screaming Skull, The Space Children, Teenage Cave Man, Terror from the Year 5000, The Thing That Couldn’t Die, War of the Colossal Beast.

Film Crew: Wild Women of Wongo

RiffTrax: Attack of the Puppet People, The Bride and the Beast, Frankenstein’s Daughter, Giant from the Unknown, The Hideous Sun Demon, Missile to the Moon, She Demons, The Veil

In the case of foreign films, I go by the release year of their home country.

I was born in 1993, so it’s not many movies from that time MST3K took a stab at (although from Monster-a-Go-Go to Santa Claus should count since they premiered on that year. Maybe there should be a separate topic for episodes from the year you were born.)

Doesn’t mean I have to participate for the “And the Rest…” category and RiffTrax’s the only one who tackled some contemporary movies from '93.

That includes:

• Jurassic Park (with Weird Al no less!)
  • Mother of the Bride (with Bridget and Mary Jo)
  • When a Stranger Calls Back
  • Bounty Tracker
  • Super Mario Bros.

So, I got some recognizable schlock from there alone!

2 Likes

The year of my birth (1967) was either very kind to MST3k, or very bad for cinema as a whole:
Gamera vs. Gaos (so nice they riffed it twice!)
The Million Eyes of Sumuru
Catalina Caper (my personal favorite of this list, and one of my MST3K faves overall)
Wild Rebels
Attack of the The Eye Creatures
Operation Double 007
Danger!! Death Ray
Yongary, Monster from the Deep

3 Likes

Is there a list of all movies that have been riffed with their release dates somewhere? All I can find is episode dates on various MST sites.

1 Like

The release dates are in the “Film details” column here:

4 Likes

Thank you! January 1981 here. I don’t have to go searching now!

1 Like