MST3K Season 13

I’ve always hyphened it, as the posters do, as Rotten Tomatoes does, as the ACEG does, but we’re probably wrong as both the movie’s title card (as you note) and the Sax Rohmer novels, refer to her as Sumuru, all in one.

But we MSTies can be a quirky bunch (we insist on the extra “the” for Eye Creatures :wink:), so I’m okay with Su-Muru - I say, take your pick, it’s all right (and all wrong)

3 Likes

the extra “the” for Eye Creatures

The real question is: will the Gizmoplex listing finally drop the nonexistent “the” from Crash of Moons?

6 Likes

And whichever team gets to riff Su-Muru, somebody’s Servo is going to get to cross off a bucket list item.

7 Likes

:notes: Harry Alan TOWAAAAAAAHS! :notes:

6 Likes

I also apparently keep adding an “a”, rather than a “u” (Su-Maru) - I simply refuse to say and spell her name correctly. (Typos fixed)

3 Likes

Do you mean to say I’ve been wrongly calling it Crash the of Moons all along?

2 Likes

I just found trailers for The Batwoman and Santo in The Treasure of Dracula… wow!

5 Likes

Wow. I’m disappointed that From Hell It Came is still unriffed, but what a great set of movies for Season 13! Delighted they’re dipping back into the KTMA years, The Bubble looks unspeakable – and I wonder if the current “Time Bubble” tour was a hint, name-wise.

And I expect The Batwoman and Wild Wild World of Batwoman will make an awesome MSTie double feature.

6 Likes

Interesting…

1 Like

Since we have our features all revealed now, let’s shift gears slightly.

What shorts (or at least type of shorts) do you expect for this new batch?

I’m thinking there may be at least one overlap Rifftrax short among the pack just to have a different take. I’m also thinking we may get a third Union Pacific short, as I’m sure there is at least one more that fits like “Last Clear Chance” and “Days of our Years” did.

Long shot…another Gumby short. After Robot Rumpus and Rifftrax doing the Gumby movie…still potential.

Super long shot would be this for me:

3 Likes

Maybe thematic connective tissue between episodes…

1 Like

Um… am I crazy or was that boat called the Reptilicus in the Batwoman trailer?

If Jonah does not get this episode and subsequently not make some kind of callback to Reptilicus, I am going to be HIGHLY disappointed.

2 Likes

If I make the joke now, they won’t be able to use it…

1 Like

Just go with it.

1 Like

The only real disappointment (and I think that @marshemily2 will agree) is that they didn’t get the rights to riff “ Recipe for Seduction” for S13.

Unless … it was considered to be short enough to be one of the Shorts???

:thinking:

1 Like

I’d love to see some claymation/animation pop up in the shorts. My personal “long shot” hope is this one (which is live-action, but does involve animation):

4 Likes

Every country has a woman in a bat suit, in a nation they call their own

6 Likes

I hope there’s at least one “home of the future” type short to riff.

4 Likes

Excellent idea. And for those who want to extend their joy (or suffering), you could also throw in Pumaman and turn it into the “Craptacular Super Hero” marathon.

6 Likes

Has there ever been one that wasn’t dystopic and creepy?

1 Like