MST3K Season 13

Just in time for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, relive Paul’s battle with Roark!

1 Like

Supposedly a film fell through at the last minute and the movie of 1304 was acquired swiftly and proved hellacious to endure nearing Manos (1966) levels of pain. Like Jonah said, “And that’s how we wound up with a certain movie.” Once complemented on how well the room dealt with it Jonah’s reply back was,“F you never say that title to me again.” Jonah went on “You guys did a really great job of taking a turd and making it look like a little figurine of a dog man…” The episode in question is 1304 and the movie is Muchie (1992).

2 Likes

Ah, there’s our black and white film. The 3D Halloween one. Appropriate.

3 Likes

The Mask x Pumaman.

I want this crossover with totally rad 3D flying like a moron effects.

Why isn’t anyone naming it explicitly I missed it

Oh it’s The Mask 3D? Why didn’t somebody stop me?

2 Likes

Though given that this movie is coming around Halloween time it might be more in tone with the Mask comics than the movie version.

1 Like

Looking at the law of averages, the next reveal will be Joel’s new Manos (1966). 1313 is the Christmas episode and it isn’t likely to be that and Matt McGinnis confirmed in the Writer’s Room Virtual Tour the new Manos is slated at the end of the season as they wanted to build to it and nothing thus far seems to fit. So the new Manos ought to be 1312. Can’t wait to discover what it is.

The movies they’ve chosen this season makes me so happy we got the kickstarter to 13.

8 Likes

“The Bubble” huh?

2 Likes

THE BUBBLE! Someone should build a factory for a simple wish

2 Likes

5 Likes

It’s worth mentioning host allocation could provide us clues. Emily is hosting 4 episodes courtesy of the Backer Updates, Joel is leading 2, and all three are co-hosting the Christmas episode. By process of elimination, Jonah is front and center for 6, Emily 4, Joel 2, and the trio 1. Analyzing the reveals, who you suppose are appearing in what? Since Emily’s were shot first, she is probable for the first four. Santo, Robot Wars, Beyond Atlantis, and Muchie and Jonah chases her with Doctor Mordrid, Demon Squad, Gamera vs Jiger, The Bat Woman, The Million Eyes of Sumuru, and H.G. Wells’ The Shape of Things to Come. Joel then is The Mask 3D and The Bubble. Flow counts in MST3K so the order of the shoots will impact continuity and each host’s allotment out to be continuous. The wild card is Joel. His two shows are probable at the very end unless he bookends the season which I doubt though anything is possible.

Unless they decide to just alternate (with Joel as the wild card entry), that is possible.

Though I personally feel just to connect to the past, Joel should be the host for “Gamera vs. Jiger”, since he already did the previous 5 Gamera movies (twice). …Su-Muru would be the other one I would go for with Joel as he could say it’s wanting to improve on his past attempt in the KTMA days.

6 Likes

That Turkey Day thread is ginormous

2 Likes

And now there’s only one episode left that isn’t teased yet! What could it be? Any guesses?

2 Likes

The Bubble (1966) is the new Manos (1966). They’re both from the same year and likely have a similar vein of incomprehension bound to when they were made. The footage falls in sync to Manos and I’m certain this is Joel’s new worst candidate.

I very much want him to host it. It feels fitting to have him waist deep in the new worst film.

1 Like

Also, a couple’s trip into parts unknown

1 Like

THE CHRISTMAS DRAGON SUMMONS THE TRINITY!

……Is the dragon going to incinerate the leftover funds for season 14 and they’ll have to crowdfund again?

3 Likes

“The Christmas Dragon”

Well, I will say it’s different than any previous MST3K Christmas movie.

2 Likes