MST3K The Moichandising! or, missed opportunites for the kiddies at the holidays

Hey, you try typing in Mel Brooks’ voice… :wink:

I’m in the wheelhouse that George L intended for Star Wars, and this time of year has me a bit nostalgic for a few reasons.

1. it was typically the time of year when I’d have torn through the JC Penney and Spiegel catalogs (Holiday Wish Books) ‘months ago’ and was just waiting to see what % got wrapped up :wink:
  2. Having worked on SW when George was there at the end (our last day together was our last holiday crew annual photo), we’d have incredible Lucasfilm holiday parties (which still occur) as well as Clone Wars/LAL Potlucks (which do not), with a great internal name. At this, the kitchens would go nuts for us, it was a potluck and a few of us could cook, and licensing/archives would send over a ton of stuff for gifts; crew kids made out like crazy, and so did some of the cew.
  3. I’m seeing posts from above mentioned holiday party (last night) and… I miss my friends.

So anyway, thinking back to those days and XMas mornings… and this is an odd one with all of the KS and other that IS floating around, but…

Wouldn’t you have killed for a Kenner Satellite of Love playset?
A Creepy Crawlies Mads Science Kit?
Meccano/Erector Bots
Ideal Toys Hamdinger Launcher
Flying Aces Escape Pod Space Battle
Milton Bradley Mystery Host
Weebles SOL Theater
Joel Robinson Utility Belt
Crow T Robot Disc Gun
Movie Sign Walkie Talkies
Mego Deep 13 Fortress
Viewmaster Manos
Satellite of Love Custom Van model kits
Rock’Em Sock’Em (ro)Bots
Pet Rock (hard to improve on with branding)
GI Joel Astronaut
Zero G Kerplunk
Gnip Gnop to Push The Buttons and back-up eyes for Crow
Space Slinky to stretch a little too thin
Deep Hurting Pop-O-Matic Game

(I’ve left a lot open here folks, have at it. What would 8, 9, 10 yo you have loved to have opened up?)

6 Likes

The Danger: Diabolik Real Working Laser Beam Playset.

3 Likes

MST3K: The Video Board Game.

4 Likes

Legitimately: “Build Your Own Robot Pal!” Official SOL Pupbot* Kit

Related: “Build Your Own Atom Storage Box”**

* Pupbot? Bottet? We’ll workshop it.

** Inerociter sold separately

6 Likes

Silhouette decal you can put on your TV.

7 Likes

No fair knowing the real stuff. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tom Servo Snowcone Maker and the Easy Bake Crow T. Oven

4 Likes

Gypsy Home Cotton Dispenser.

4 Likes

A speak-and-spell where I can learn “A” and “3”

7 Likes

With M, R, x, and L expansion packs?

7 Likes

I would pay real cash money for Joel’s non-permanent tattoo invention exchange. You’d never forget your shopping list or your girlfriend’s birthday.

3 Likes

This thread could be called “Kinga’s secret plan” or “More ideas for Kinga to steal”.

4 Likes

Some of these it is legit ‘not too late’; alas, others…
Thanks for not disappointing, folks :wink:

2 Likes

with working doorway scene and everything!

6 Likes

Can’t believe nobody mentioned Johnny Longtorso™!

Micro-Golf™ if we’re allowed to stay in canon.

A Crow-que Monsieur T. Robot E-Z Stovetop Sandwich Griddle! (Up to 75% less panic at lunchtime! Your parents can supervise and help with assembly.) Comes with a mini-recipe book and guide to classic fillings like PB&D!

A Sing-A-Long With Servo’s Chorus LP. (Side 1 - The Academy & Side 2 - The Medieval Mix)

And of course, a kick-boxing GPC with at least 4-5 costume changes. Legs can be detached and folded for easy storage in a cool purple mini-trunk, with hangers for them and the costumes.

4 Likes

I want all of these.

4 Likes

Late add-on: your own kid-scaled portable Cambot. Especially fun when purchased with the back yard Big Wheel™ Sidehacker. (Twin protective Nerf™ suits sold separately.)

2 Likes

Kids these days and their tick tocks… :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m no Kinga.

2 Likes

OMG, yes, this! Can you even imagine?! A big ol’ box, maybe 3-4 feet long. Grey plastic with greebly bits everywhere, hatches and secret compartments … and a few official Kenner SOL actions figures to go with it. And if you shake the box a bit before opening it, you can hear the teasing sounds of little things rattling around.

5 Likes