MST3K: The Terrible Reboot

I’m not saying he never heard of MST3K, but MST3K started in 1989 and Beavis and Butthead started in 1993. You decide if that’s significant.

7 Likes

Mystery Science Theater 2000

Well ACTUALLY, this version of the show involves two YouTube commenters watching the show and pausing episodes every 30 seconds to explain why the riffers are wrong and didn’t understand the original intent of the filmmakers or made a reference that wasn’t 100% accurate.

17 Likes

I was going to say a version of MST3K where they watch public access shows as a terrible idea, but the more I think about it, the more I want to see it.

10 Likes

If it was Mystery Science Theater 2000 the video would be 240p and buffer every 3 seconds.

9 Likes

Mystery Science Theater 1000 where makers of industrial films watch other industrial films to illustrate any problems those films might present. It is not meant to be humorous.

11 Likes

Mystery Science Theater 1000, where everything was a mystery and there was no science.

8 Likes

Get Out Of Here Spongebob Squarepants GIF by Mashed

4 Likes

Mystery Spoiler Theater

Screens mystery movies, and the riffers only discuss their theories of what’s going to happen. They usually hit upon the correct answer in the first half of the movie, and the rest is simply saying “yep, that’s what I thought.”

On the occasions where they don’t get the solution, there is a lot of angry ranting about how clues were withheld from the viewing audience making it impossible to solve.

12 Likes

The first Beavis and Butthead cartoon actually aired on Liquid Television in 1992, but your point stands.

6 Likes

I meant the TV show, which is where they were doing the riffing, but yeah, Frog Baseball was the first B&B cartoon.

7 Likes

This reminds me of the Mystery Murder Dinner Party from Bloodlust, when Crow blurts out “I did it!” right at the beginning.

11 Likes

A series of cakes must be baked, with the only light being the ambient movie playing on a small 4x4 black and white monitor at the other end of the studio.

Did I mention these cakes must be gluten, fat, and sugar free?

The contestants then must play musical chairs until the last has to wrestle and defeat the single chair in combat (See: Gummo).

At the very end of the episode, someone comes out in a clown costume and says: “Em-ess-tee”…then curtain call.

7 Likes

It’s just 90 minutes of Tom Servo saying, “JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!”

10 Likes

Psychogeography Ideaspace Theater 3000

Alan Moore, alone in a theater, watches and comments on movies that are based on his works. It’s very negative and angry and a terrible idea, but I would watch the hell out of it to be honest.

Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman are the Mads who are forcing this upon him.

11 Likes

OK, hear me out:

Flash Toons.

[ducks behind nearest heavy furniture]

10 Likes

Mystery Science Heater 3000.

Technical videos about heaters, and if you’re lucky, shorts!

The shorts are also technical videos about heaters.

8 Likes

You’re brilliant! And let’s have them not riff anything and it just be about the bots but not have the same voices.

8 Likes

“Dammit, V is an anarchist! Democracy is just a gateway to fascism!”

4 Likes

Mystery Disney Theater 3000

MST3K but for the features on Disney+.

Because of Disney corporate synergy, only complimentary comments can be made about the movies. Hey, Disney’s gotta eat, and they can’t have you making fun of Mr. Boogedy now.

12 Likes

Mystery Science Home Theater 3000

A live riffing show, with our favorite hosts and bots, but all the jokes they say come from the Discourse forum thread. A good number of the jokes are excellent, mind you, but due to the delay in posting and reading they are delivered at best 30 seconds after they would have been funny.

10 Likes