MST3kentors

Who are the best and worst mentor figures in an MST3k movie. And what are the sagest pieces of advice?

6 Likes

Best: Mr. Miller from Eegah! Sage advice: Watch out for snakes.

Mr. Miller’s worst advice was encouraging his daughter to flirt with Eegah. I take back my vote.

10 Likes

Worst: The guy from Are You Ready for Marriage?. You know, Mr. “Boing”.

6 Likes

Best: the dad in the Hired! short, who teaches how to be a better sales manager and how to properly keep everyone else at a distance using only a dirty hanky on his head.

7 Likes

Best could go to the Devil from Santa Claus, who was giving Lupita good advice on how to become a successful CEO someday.

7 Likes

Ultra mentor, Big Stupid, look at how Danny grew up under his wing, learned how to have alley fights and become a man - he was always there when Danny had a question, like, “Big, should I have not put my head in the driver’s lap? Was that wrong?” and he learned how to treat a girlfriend, by example (see Danny this is how ‘not’ to do it)

8 Likes

As ridiculous as the plot of The Last Chase is, it’s very irresponsible for Lee Majors to teach Chris Makepeace to love fossil fuels in a world that was ruined by them.

3 Likes

I agree, Big Stupid is the king of all mentors in MSTie-dom.

5 Likes

Hey. HEY! Never make light of boing!

5 Likes

I’m just readin’ Cathy, leave me out of this.

3 Likes

Best mentor has to be Mr. B Natural… teaching everyone how to let that freak flag fly.

Worst mentor? I’m going with Alan Hale Jr. from The Giant Spider Invasion. Seriously, don’t take Sheriff lessons from Alan Hale Jr.!

5 Likes

That’s got to be East Eddie, who has plans on taking over the West Side, yet without murdering West Eddie in the opening minutes of the film and bringing down (checks copyright date of film) The Fuzz. Also, East Eddie was not defeated by Santa Claus, making him better than Pitch and Lithgow’s CEO from Santa Claus: The Movie.

If a mentor is someone who gives you the gained knowledge of their experience while allowing you to make your own mistakes … then Professor Glasses from The Undead fits the bill.

7 Likes

Plus, East Eddie makes important information rhyme, making it memorable, which is very helpful.

9 Likes

Also: East Eddie taught me that when life gets tough: Have a laugh!

9 Likes

Does Munchie count as a mentor? Either way, aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

5 Likes

I feel like Batwoman, from The Wild World of Batwoman, and not The Batwoman, deserves a nod here. She seemed to train her protégés quite well for the nonsensical evil they would eventually face.

5 Likes

images

6 Likes

Good one, he was also my choice in the nobility thread some years back.

3 Likes

Rowsdower trains us, and drinks all the be-e-er!

3 Likes